Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad vs. Quartey Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a great fight and one id have LOVED to see!

My pick is Tito Trinidad though and i think he could get him outta there too

That jab of Bazooka Quartey's would obviously be a problem but Ike while in possesion of some real skill and a thunderous jab wasnt a master boxer type that would give Felix fits, Trinidad had a good jab of his own and a cannonball right hand to complement that Monsterous left hook! Tito would hit Ike and get him in reverse gear, overwhelm him late on for a stoppage win i think. Failing that Trinidad storms the late rounds and takes a hard fought but clear UD

Just my take, Trinidad was a ****ing BEAST at WW pre weight problems especially. The guy has a case for being a top 20-30 guy at WW EVER, lets not forget WW is one of the deepest divisions in history and an original 8

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
      LOVE this match!

Haaha i think i would have to go with Bazooka on this one! Trinidad has always had issues with boxer punchers or pure boxers for that matter. Look at Vargas
      vs Tito... he started landing nut shots to slow Vargas down!

fast forward to 2005 when Trinidad fought Winky Wright! Winky was Ike's Stable mate while they traveled threw Europe and when you say wright eventually lose in south America which was considered a rigged fight( the rig was wet and caused many downs) Winky Adopted Ike's Shell defense. We all remember what happened When Tito fought Wright, it was a one sided drubbing!

IMO Ike stops Tito late because he could force the pace and open up when it suited him. He, Ike, in his career had allot more pop to his punches if he kept it simple. Tito would be on the end of a stick and would be taking clean shots late.
      Wink also gave Ike a beating though man and on an off night when he seemed to over look Ike, and he is just a bigger stronger guy than Felix (and Ike)

Vargas gave Ike a bit of a boxing lesson at times in THEIR fight and won it well

U raise some good points though my man

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
        These days, I have been watching several Ike Quartey fights and remembered how solid this guy was. That snapping jab he had, his come forward style, and his chopping right hand made for a lethal combination in the welterweight division.

On the other corner, we have Félix Trinidad. I don't think I have to describe Trinidad since almost every true boxing fan knows of him. Still, I will. Trinidad had explosive one punch power, determination, a relentless go forward style, and good skills when he decided to use them.

On paper, I think this has to be one of the most fascinating welterweight fights that never took place and I just can't pick a surefire winner. I think I could see Quartey giving Trinidad a lot of problems with the jab and taking an early lead until Trinidad starts to pick up the pace and TKO's him late. The reason why I think he could TKO Ike is because Quartey would stand and trade with Trinidad, instead of moving around, thus, giving Trinidad way more chances than he should.

Watch Quartey vs Lopez and it will give you a good indication how the fight would had gone. Trinidad was far better than Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          Watch Quartey vs Lopez and it will give you a good indication how the fight would had gone. Trinidad was far better than Lopez
          Incidentally, I watched it a few hours ago. Anyway, what's your take? Trinidad dominates Quartey and stops him or the fight goes the distance and Quartey gets a controversial call?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Wink also gave Ike a beating though man and on an off night when he seemed to over look Ike, and he is just a bigger stronger guy than Felix (and Ike)

Vargas gave Ike a bit of a boxing lesson at times in THEIR fight and won it well

U raise some good points though my man
            Ike was a shadow of himself by the time he fought Winky.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
              Incidentally, I watched it a few hours ago. Anyway, what's your take? Trinidad dominates Quartey and stops him or the fight goes the distance and Quartey gets a controversial call?
              No way does Tito dominate a prime Quartey. He'd lost a lot of early rounds.

Comment

I think Quartey could keep Trinidad on a string for a while, but eventually Tito would break him down. Late round TKO for Trinidad, but he has some real rough rounds early on.

Comment

I'm going to have to say Tito.

There was just something about Quartey where he could never win the big one. Even when he won the big one he still lost it lol (i.e Forrest, Vargas, DLH).

The only fight Quartey truly lost was to Wright.

I'd have to say Trinidad stops him late via vicous left hooks.

Comment

Quartey beat ODLH and Forrest....
                    I hear people say he could have won a close dec against Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      No way does Tito dominate a prime Quartey. He'd lost a lot of early rounds.
                      I don't think so either. I just asked because in that particular fight Ike looked vulnerable so maybe the poster meant that Trinidad would make Ike look even more vulnerable. My initial post described what I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X