No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko's best win?

Wlad has defeated a total of 54 heavyweights, including 48 by KO.

What was his best win?
    prime, undefeated 29-0 Calvin Brock
    3.45%
    prime, undefeated Sam Peter, who was permitted to rabbit punch and push Wlad down
    13.79%
    prime Monte Barrett, who had never been knocked down before
    0.00%
    prime Axel Shultz, who had never been down and was robbed against Foreman
    0.00%
    Prime Ruslan Chagaev, who was undefeated and had never been knocked down before
    34.48%
    Prime Ibragimov, who was undefeated and had an excellent amateur pedigree
    3.45%
    Prime Eddie Chambers, who had never been knocked down before
    17.24%
    Prime Chris Byrd in 2000, who he dominated and knocked down
    20.69%
    Prime Jameel McCline on a 26 win streak, coming off a win over Shannon Briggs
    0.00%
    Ray Mercer, who had never been stopped or knocked down by a punch before
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

Probably the domination of rightful then unbeaten WBA champion Chagaev as Ruslan landed at most about 15 solid punches in the course of 9 rounds before the fight was stopped......I actually only counted 9 clean shots landed on Wlad by Chagaev.

Comment

I have no idea. If your best win is Chagaev then you have alot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Why are you posting in magenta now?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          What do you have against Ruslan Chagaev, Burner?

- He was undefeated.
          - He had never been down, although he fought big punchers like Virchis
          - He defeated Valuev more decisively than Haye did
          - He was a world amateur Gold Medal winner
          - He defeated the great Felix Savon twice, (Savon KOed David Tua and won Olympic Gold three times) the first time at the age of 17 in 1996
          Last edited by The Hammer; 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

you don't even mention that Mercer was 41, yet you put every single one of Haye's opponents as being old, shot.

i'm not defending Haye here, but that's ridiculous.. lol

ontopic: his best win is obviously Chagaev

Comment

Originally posted by SlickTurtle View Post
              you don't even mention that Mercer was 41, yet you put every single one of Haye's opponents as being old, shot.

i'm not defending Haye here, but that's ridiculous.. lol
              Even at age 40, Mercer was on a winning streak and still better than any of Haye's opponents. He was an "A" level heavyweight, a former Olympic Gold Medal winner, and many thought he won his previous fight with Lewis.

By the same token, Vitali who turns 39 this month is still better than any of Haye's opponents.

Mercer at age 40 was better than the inactive old Ruiz, better then the ponderous Valuev, better than the delicate-chinned Maccarinelli, and better than the current shot version of Monte Barrett.

Mercer continued to fight until 2009, seven more years.

Comment

i would say sam peter because it was after the 2 ko losses he was fighting a big puncher and had to fight through adversity hitting the deck more then one time in the fight.

Comment

Eddie Chambers is the best win. Are you people forgetting Chagaev was coming off a recess from injuries/surgery and struggled against Drummond before Wlad. This guy was wobbling around the ring like Foreman. Eddie gave Wlad the tougher fight and is the best win.

Comment

The Sam Peter win always sticks out in my mind even though he's proven to be somewhat limited since to put it nicely. Overall a pretty good collection of wins IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X