No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi-Adrien Broner: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi-Adrien Broner: Pre-Fight Report Card

by Cliff Rold - The cultivation of a star can develop many different ways. Supporting casts play a big part. To date, Adrien Broner has built nicely in a down period for both the Jr. Lightweight and Lightweight classes. A decade ago, those were the domains of Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, and a young Floyd Mayweather.

Broner won belts against Vicente Rodriguez and Antonio DeMarco.

While Rodriguez was the sort of anonymous pick-a-foe that often gets matched with developing names for vacant straps, DeMarco was regarded as possibly the tops of the Lightweight class. Broner can’t fight ghosts of yesteryear and, given his youth and number of fights, he’s actually been developed fairly well, and wisely, to the point he’s at today.

Much like Canelo Alvarez a year ago, Broner is on the cusp of facing the opponents who can begin to define him. 140 lbs. is absurdly loaded. 147 lbs. is top heavy, but the ceiling is strong and there is room to absorb the best of the class below. Broner has a good solid veteran on tap this weekend to get his feet wet in one of history’s great classes. [Click Here To Read More]

Paulie wins

Comment

paulie's power at C-? what a laugh. more like negative F- or something like that.
      Last edited by The Guillotine; 06-22-2013, 04:42 AM.

Comment

cliff rold should stop writing articles.....Broner A on speed and Power....PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!.....man is FLAT FOOTED, and has pedestrian hand speed, he places his shots well. An 'A' looks like mayweather, khan, pacquiao.......you BAFOON!. And on power?......who has he ktfo?.....try no one!...they are all tko's after he hits you with 5 or 6 clean. Again an A looks like matthyse, stevenson. etc.....people who have/had a one hitter quitter, Broner is a B grade power guy, maybe even less since hes hitting guys who are so much naturally smaller than him, 10 times clean before they fall. Goes to show anyone with a thesaurus these days and a spare 5 mins can be called an internet writer!

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
          cliff rold should stop writing articles.....Broner A on speed and Power....PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!.....man is FLAT FOOTED, and has pedestrian hand speed, he places his shots well. An 'A' looks like mayweather, khan, pacquiao.......you BAFOON!. And on power?......who has he ktfo?.....try no one!...they are all tko's after he hits you with 5 or 6 clean. Again an A looks like matthyse, stevenson. etc.....people who have/had a one hitter quitter, Broner is a B grade power guy, maybe even less since hes hitting guys who are so much naturally smaller than him, 10 times clean before they fall. Goes to show anyone with a thesaurus these days and a spare 5 mins can be called an internet writer!
          Your a very angry - maybe broner has offended you.... i am not sticking up for Cliff but i find his previews help me out when i decide an up coming fight is going to be - grades IMO were a little off but thats cliffs opinion and hes entitled to that.

so chill the **** out its just a preview

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
            why don't you take your little cuntish rant and shove it up your ass.

Comment

I agree the grades are off a bit. I seem that the post fight for Garcia Lopez he gave Lopez a D for defence. I think Paulie should have a D for power. Even though his KO percentage is higher at welter.

Non the less, this will show us how broner fairs against a soild welter champion with good experice on the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by fish262 View Post
                I agree the grades are off a bit. I seem that the post fight for Garcia Lopez he gave Lopez a D for defence. I think Paulie should have a D for power. Even though his KO percentage is higher at welter.

Non the less, this will show us how broner fairs against a soild welter champion with good experice on the big stage.
                Very few guys just walk through Paulie. He has enough to keep guys honest. That keeps it in C range. I can't see going much lower than that for a long time championship level guy.
                Last edited by crold1; 06-22-2013, 06:51 AM.

Comment

"pedestrian handspeed" LOL that made me laugh. Agreed that his power and speed are overrated - and largely unproven - though.

Cliff is a good writer, so take your disrespectful talk elsewhere.

Comment

No way is Broner an A in the speed category. He has good handspeed, but his footspeed leaves a lot to be desired. That's also what might lose him this fight. But we'll see... So many people are counting Paulie completely out and I just don't agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X