Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V (Official Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will GTA V use L.A. Noire's Facial Technology?
    Rockstar is looking at using Team Bondi's methods.

One of the most striking innovations in gaming this year has been the dynamic and realistic facial animation technology in Rockstar's L.A. Noire. It looks like the company could be planning to use the same technology in its forthcoming Grand Theft Auto V.

Brendan McNamara, co-founder of L.A. Noire developer Team Bondi told UK magazine PSM3, "I think they're looking at it for every game. As much as L.A. Noire is a huge game, Grand Theft Auto is incredibly huge, so you've got all the problems of how big the cast would be and how many lines would you have to record and all that kind of stuff.

"It brings a level of humanity to the experience that means people will - in the first few minutes - start relating to the characters on screen. They don't have to make that decision about 'whether I like this guy' or 'do I actually believe them? - but they can make all the like or dislike decisions based on the actor's performance."

He added, "Rockstar will make those decisions. They generally make the right decisions in terms of what they do for their games. Obviously we'd like them to, and they're more than welcome to use MotionScan, but if they decide it's not right for that and want to use it for another game, then that's fine too."

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      i hope GTA adds more arcade elements to their game

to me

Vice City>>>GTA IV

mostly because it was incredibly arcadey an less realistic

if they could mesh the two elements well i will be highly intrigued

i think they should set it back in the 70's so i can ride around in badass muscle cars
      San Andreas > ALL

Grand Theft Auto four had adequate graphics and good physics. But in comparison to San Andreas, it was missing the core elements that made San Andreas one of the most enjoyable video games to date.

Vice City did have the best story though. Or maybe I am just being bias because Scarface is one of my favourite movies. (Vice City and Scarface had a similar plot)

Comment

they need to take elements from each game.. vice citys abiltity to aquire assets was fun the ability to own car lots, **** studios, biker bars etc... San Andreas depth,the ability to totally customize, name weight size would be sweet for the charecters, the feeding um, being able to gamble to make money, maybe start a scheme would be cool...
        GtAVI with the phone internet **** was raw intergrate the **** make totall customizable charecters who can travel the world and be criminals.... Stealing artwork, being an assassin, money laundering, pimping, fighting, gangbanging etc. the should wait til 2013make it the biggest baddest gameever

Comment

Really should do what saints row 1 and 2 did with pick your own character make it look like you. I think Saints Row 3 will be game of the year this year, it looks great you can fly what appears to be fighter jets in it and hit ppl with big ass dildos.

But the one thing that pisses me off is that you don't get to customize your characters face. You're a white guy with a certain hair. Don't know why they had to **** that feature up.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            Really should do what saints row 1 and 2 did with pick your own character make it look like you. I think Saints Row 3 will be game of the year this year, it looks great you can fly what appears to be fighter jets in it and hit ppl with big ass dildos.

But the one thing that pisses me off is that you don't get to customize your characters face. You're a white guy with a certain hair. Don't know why they had to **** that feature up.
            I tried to play the last Saints Row, i just couldn't get in to it. Seemed like a poor mans GTA.

Comment

I hope its not a San Andreas remake ...Rap music is crap music and my mrs got fed up of me talking like a homie

Comment

Grand Theft Auto 5 Officially Announced
                Rockstar's website shows that Grand Theft Auto 5 is coming.

Rockstar Games has just officially announced Grand Theft Auto 5 on its official website.

There are absolutely no details yet - just a date for the first trailer, which is coming next Wednesday, the 2nd of November.

We will have much more on this announcement - including that trailer - in the very near future. Stay tuned!

Now, let's all start speculating on the design of the V in this logo. Looks like green to us...

http://www.rockstargames.com/

Comment

I take it then GTA 5 will take up 5 discs for teh 360?

Comment

The way the V is designed screams West Coast, or Southwest.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      The way the V is designed screams West Coast, or Southwest.
                      From what I've heard you play an Irish leprechaun in Compton that has a passion for **** sex with prostitutes

Comment

Working...
                      X