Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREATHING WITH MOUTHGUARD!!! Exact technique help???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't breathe through my nose very well, so in and out through the mouth or else I get tired to quick (because i can't get the air I need through my nose)

It should be in through the nose and then force it out through your mouth with your teeth still biting down on your mouthguard.

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
      You can't breath in through your mouth when you're wearing a mouthguard because it will either fall out or you leave yourself open to getting a concussion/broken teeth.

I got my mouthguard fitted by my local dentist for about 50 euros.It sticks in like glue.A perfect snug fit.You have to yank & give it a decent pull to pop it out.

Basically if i am gagging for air if i purse my lips with teeth clenched i can still get a gulp of air in.

Nose or mouth or either.

Maybe go get a decent mouthguard professionally fitted by yer dentist?

Comment

in the U.S. you don't have to go to the dentist for a great mouthguard try http://www.customguards.com their product are off the hook and the customer service is great you'll get your finished guard about 10-12 days after you order. Gladiator, I know makes B-HOP's mouthguards.

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
          You can't breath in through your mouth when you're wearing a mouthguard because it will either fall out or you leave yourself open to getting a concussion/broken teeth.
          There are double mouthguards that have a breathing channel through the center that allows you to breathe but still be able to bite down hard on the mouthpiece.

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
          My problem with mouthguards is the gag reflex they sometimes bring out of me. I must have a really sensitive reflex, because sometimes it just happens with the mouthguard in.
          Try trimming the back part of the mouthiece so that it doesn't go back as far or poke anything. Also, try a touch of sugar or salt in the mouthpiece. It helps you not focus on "Oh crap, I got something choking me!"

Comment

just breathe with the nose, because when you open your mouth during a fight your enemy can break your the jaw

Comment

Working...
            X