No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chagaev Admits Defeat, Lays His Praise on Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chagaev Admits Defeat, Lays His Praise on Povetkin

Former world champion Ruslan Chagaev is not making any excuses about Saturday's unanimous decision loss to Alexander Povetkin in Germany. With the victory, Povetkin captured the WBA's vacant "regular" title at heavyweight. Chagaev did well in the fight, hurting Povetkin with hard left hands in the sixth and seventh rounds. Chagaev will rest, regroup and then he wants his promoter, Universum, to line up several dates. He wants to stay very active.

[Click Here To Read More]

if Chagaev wasn't such a one-handed fighter, maybe he could be a force in the division, but aside of that left hook, he has nothing, not even a jab

he was looking to land his left hook all night yesterday

Povetkin could have made it an easier fight by sticking his right hand to his chin and working primarily with the left hand, which he did to a certain extent, but he kept on getting caught by the same lame left hook at the same moment when he would fire his right hand

poor performance, the White wolf would probably have beaten Povetkin last night

Comment

Great fights last night, but I were not impressed - maybe just bad matchups, dunno - but I'm far from impressed-

Comment

Sumo or Boxers

Whats wrong with the heavy weight division, really!!! apart from the very few fit atheltic heavy weights, the rest are just overweight, awkward, unconditoned, sluggish Sumo wrestlers.

The HW division is dead, with all these boring fighters. Klitchsko's are good, but you know aswell as I do that they are as boring as hell! i would rather watch paint dry, Honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by karia2 View Post
          Whats wrong with the heavy weight division, really!!! apart from the very few fit atheltic heavy weights, the rest are just overweight, awkward, unconditoned, sluggish Sumo wrestlers.

The HW division is dead, with all these boring fighters. Klitchsko's are good, but you know aswell as I do that they are as boring as hell! i would rather watch paint dry, Honestly!
          Then go watch it, they don't need you.

Comment

Chagaev would have won if he wasn't so rusty, but his timing was off. He still hurt Povetkin more than Povetkin hurt him.

I was very impressed by Liakhovich, who came to fight and looked more like the guy who fought Brewster than we've seen from him for awhile. Helenius's great power and heavy hands saved him, because he was getting outworked for most of the fight by the White Wolf.

Comment

Working...
            X