Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Likes Donaire-Mares, But No Golden Co-Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granted Donaire is the bigger name, Mares is still a big name too. Arum is being completely unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
      Once the old man croaks the game is going to be wide open.
      When?!!

Comment

it sucks that this fight would most likely not happen.

as far as co-promotion though i really think it's complicated. every detail has to be agreed upon and decided by both companies. considering that they don't trust each other, they would probably need to hire an outsider accountant as i don't think gbp would agree that the top rank accountant would handle the records and vice versa.

i suggested this solution in my thread a few days ago...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572159

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          doesn't his contract with gbp end soon?
          Supposedly, but will he allow his loyalty to bind him? It might be better in the long run for Mares to jump ship anyway, seeing as how TR has the better 122-130lb stable.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            Granted Donaire is the bigger name, Mares is still a big name too. Arum is being completely unreasonable.
            in the 122 lbs div.... there is not other name that would make Donaire more money than Mares....Rigo wouldn't do much for a PPV type of fight. No disrispect to Rigo, but is the naked truth.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
              And people say Arum isnt stopping good fights
              Same thing with Floyd. Floyd is even more greedier than Bob Arum.

Comment

Bob Arum is killing the sport. GBP has stepped a side for Mosley to get his shot at Pacman then they let Marquez go so he can fight Pacman. Enough is enough. Bob Arum is running out of opponents for Nonito in 2013. He's going to have to make Rigondeaux vs Donaire something Nonito doesn't want high risk low reward. Mares contract is up in 2014 by then Nonito will be fighting at 126.

Comment

And this is why the sport is in ruins currently.

Comment

People here seem to have a very short term memory..Schaeffer spent literally months throwing dirt on Arum but ya'll expect him to now do business with Schaeffer..really? He's willing to make the fight happen..I don't see what the issue is, considering Donaire is the bigger star he has all the leverage in this...they want donaire then take what's there. If Mares has anything to complain about he should go look at his managers. Stop giving GBP a pass because with one hand they sling dirt and with the other hand they try to act like both hands are clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      Same thing with Floyd. Floyd is even more greedier than Bob Arum.
                      what does Floyd have to do with mares-donaire?

Comment

Working...
                      X