No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin’s April 26 Fight Off Due to Father’s Passing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin’s April 26 Fight Off Due to Father’s Passing

Gennady Golovkin, who is mourning the recent death of his father from a heart attack, will not be fighting on April 26 on HBO in Madison Square Garden, according to Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions.

“We found out today from Gennady’s manager that he’s not going to be able to fight April 26,” Loeffler told BoxingScene.com. “We [Loeffler and trainer Abel Sanchez] were both over there for the memorial service last week in Kazakhstan. The whole family’s taking it really hard, but Gennady’s got the responsibility now as the patriarch of the family. They have a 40-day mourning period, and then they have to deal with what they’re going to do with their mother. She’s alone now in the house. Until I hear from them further, we can’t even begin to discuss when he’s coming back, as far as boxing or training.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

God prey for the man that GGG steps in with

Comment

Sucks. For the fans not to see him in April.
      I wonder if when he returns they will be looking at 168 now that Abraham has a belt?

Comment

RIP to his pops.

Comment

Not a big fan of GGG, but I absolutely understand this. Take off as much time as you need man, this hurts a lot. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't fight again this year, losing a father is heartbreaking.

Comment

Come back strong champ, death is only a part of life.

Comment

Good decision by GGG. Family comes first. Never a good idea to step in the ring having a mental storm. Although, If he doesn't stay in shape we might see him declining. God bless the Golovkin family.

Comment

Stay strong champ. Take care of the family.

Comment

My heart goes out to Golovkin. I know nothing about his dad, but considering GGG is a good boy, I'd have to imagine he was a good man.

Comment

Praying for GGG's fam. Keep ya head up big guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X