Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Gamboa (Allegedly) Neither 1st Nor Last

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The testing in all sports is still light years behind the people who create the substances.

These guys have created substances that testing wont be able to detect for another 4-5 years. When that time comes, they will have moved on to a new substance and will still be years ahead of the game....it's not a battle testing can win.

The whole 'let everyone use them, to even things' theory is horrendous. Fact is, the bigger names with more money will be able to use drugs that are much more advanced and effective than what others can afford. All you would be doing is making the uneven playing field legal. A smart stack would see a fighter made faster, stronger, fitter and all around better.

Comment

Main factor in ped's is recorvery IMO.

Yea anabolic steroids are for muscle growth, but more muscle = probably less speed = less stamina due to more oxgygen required to keep muscles going.

people think baseball players hit home runs cuz of steroids and thats not true. these guys were hitting bombs since little league. Why do you think so many pitchers have been linked to steroids? its mostly for recovery. Baseball players have arguably the most grueling sports season because of the length of it.

As far as boxing goes with steroids, when they are in camp for 8-10 weeks doing 2-3 a days, trust me, they want to recover quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
        Main factor in ped's is recorvery IMO.

Yea anabolic steroids are for muscle growth, but more muscle = probably less speed = less stamina due to more oxgygen required to keep muscles going.

people think baseball players hit home runs cuz of steroids and thats not true. these guys were hitting bombs since little league. Why do you think so many pitchers have been linked to steroids? its mostly for recovery. Baseball players have arguably the most grueling sports season because of the length of it.

As far as boxing goes with steroids, when they are in camp for 8-10 weeks doing 2-3 a days, trust me, they want to recover quickly.
        People need to get off the fact that PEDs are just steroids that only develop muscle growth, this isnt the 50s anymore. PED's can do a whole bunch of **** now, they can make you stronger, faster, last longer, more focused, etc.

These are designer drugs with specific purposes that people design. Any person that says they took if for just "recovery" is bull****ting you and trying to pretend like they arent cheating

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          People need to get off the fact that PEDs are just steroids that only develop muscle growth, this isnt the 50s anymore. PED's can do a whole bunch of **** now, they can make you stronger, faster, last longer, more focused, etc.

These are designer drugs with specific purposes that people design. Any person that says they took if for just "recovery" is bull****ting you and trying to pretend like they arent cheating
          so explain like i said, about how pitchers take steroids, and for what purpose.

cuz andy pettite wasn't throwing the ball faster and thats for sure.

Comment

You were talking about hitters in your previous post too. But yes thats a pitchers main reason for using steroids

Comment

You were talking about hitters in your previous post too. But yes thats a pitchers main reason for using steroids
              hitters i would say i'm about 50/50 on too....

and the reasons why i'm skeptical is cuz bonds was hitting almost 50 home runs a year at 180 pounds almost 10 years before the steroid allegations following a 73 hr season.

steroids will not improve the keen hand eye coordination you need to have to hit home runs. But i will agree that when you have more muscle behind a 90mph swing, it'll definetely help.

Manny remirez was hitting a ton of hr also, and he got suspended for taking estrogen lol

Comment

just thought of using baseball, and replied to your posts with pettite since you are probably a yankee fan in the bronx meng.

Comment

Injuries? Recovery? There are hundreds of different kinds of PEDs--who knows?

Comment

and the reasons why i'm skeptical is cuz bonds was hitting almost 50 home runs a year at 180 pounds almost 10 years before the steroid allegations following a 73 hr season.

steroids will not improve the keen hand eye coordination you need to have to hit home runs. But i will agree that when you have more muscle behind a 90mph swing, it'll definetely help.

Manny remirez was hitting a ton of hr also, and he got suspended for taking estrogen lol
                    They don't have to improve the hand-eye coordination.

They will increase a hitters bat speed and in turn force output, mix that with increased strength and more mass....it makes a hitter far more effective. Power = Force x speed, more force and speed results in more power.

Comment

This is not true, look at Barry's stats. He was certainly not hitting 50 homeruns 10 years before his 73 HR season. In fact he never even hit 50 in 1 season prior to that. Barry was putting up great numbers from the moment he hit the pros. He had all the tools to be a HOF type player, steroids just gave him that extra push. Nobody is saying that steroids will turn an average joe into Barry Bonds, but give a great player steroids, and he will only become better. His best years were after that season, he put up the type of numbers you'd only see in video games and had like 4 of the best season in history, all in a row

I think there are PEDs that can improve hand eye coordination or something like that. Didnt and olympics rifle shooters archery competitors get busted for something like that? And those are all about hand eye coordination.

Manny ramirez was caught with a female fertility drug that is used to mask steroids. Why else would he have something like that in his body
                      Last edited by Russian Crushin; 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X