Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Fights Be Scored Based on CompuBox Stats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoLd_WaVE View Post
    c'mon man... let it go...

all your arguments sound the same... and it's lame...
    Does it hurt I drive the point relentlessly that they get owned repeteadly?

I bet it does.

And before you take that argument with me Sir, I respectfully suggest you also apply it to them.

Afterall Sir, they keep making the same lame and dumb excuses and loopholes.

Comment

this seems to be a purely american thing. Its only commentators from the U.S who constantly refer to compubox numbers as if they mean anything, u never hear british commentators doing it. i wonder why that is.

Besides anything else punches landed are not the only thing that counts in a fight, what about aggression, style, ringcraft etc? compubox cant judge that only experienced judges can make those decisions (except when their in las vegas then things tend to go a bit funny)

Comment

Compubox is no way of judging fights, however that doesn't completely dismiss its usefulness or its reflection on who won a round. It would be hard to give a round against a fighter who has landed 90 punches when his opponent only landed five, unless those five were visibly devastating. Usually the fighter who lands the most punches wins the round, but remember that scoring is based on clean effective punching, and compubox judges neither the cleanliness nor the effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Compubox is no way of judging fights, however that doesn't completely dismiss its usefulness or its reflection on who won a round. It would be hard to give a round against a fighter who has landed 90 punches when his opponent only landed five, unless those five were visibly devastating. Usually the fighter who lands the most punches wins the round, but remember that scoring is based on clean effective punching, and compubox judges neither the cleanliness nor the effectiveness.
          Yeah, but then again, if you saw the fight, then you saw PBF got hit by a lot of flushes and PBF kept running like a chicken. Casttilo pressed the action, landed a lot of clean shots.

Data from compubox states that. PBF threw like 30 punches per round and landed far less. Castillo was way ahead on total punches landed and power punches landed.

If you're not that stupid and blind like these PBF fans, then you will see PBF running like a chicken, throwing very few punches, getting hit repeatedly and connecting fewer still. That is, unless you're not blind.

Data from Compubox supports this argument.

Compubox wouldn't be needed if stupid judges know how to score rounds. And we all know this is just common sense that PBF lost. It's all basic common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Joartcc3 View Post
            Yeah, but then again, if you saw the fight, then you saw PBF got hit by a lot of flushes and PBF kept running like a chicken. Casttilo pressed the action, landed a lot of clean shots.

Data from compubox states that. PBF threw like 30 punches per round and landed far less. Castillo was way ahead on total punches landed and power punches landed.

If you're not that stupid and blind like these PBF fans, then you will see PBF running like a chicken, throwing very few punches, getting hit repeatedly and connecting fewer still. That is, unless you're not blind.

Data from Compubox supports this argument.

Compubox wouldn't be needed if stupid judges know how to score rounds. And we all know this is just common sense that PBF lost. It's all basic common sense.
            You've never seen the fight n00b!

Comment

Judges Must stay.. that would be insane to lose the judges.. end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunstar1 View Post
                You've never seen the fight n00b!
                Actually.

You should take a good look at yourself.

Oh! I forgot, I heard a rumor you got eyes but no brain, or was it, no eyes and half a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
                  Judges Must stay.. that would be insane to lose the judges.. end of story.
                  I agree judges must stay. But this is not the point of the argument. We both know screwed decisions exist. Only a ****** would deny that. And based on evidence, data available, common sense and hopefully, one was watching the fight with eyes wide open, we all know who won.

And it wasn't the running chicken.

Comment

Actually.

You should take a good look at yourself.

Oh! I forgot, I heard a rumor you got eyes but no brain, or was it, no eyes and half a brain.
                    Fact is you've never seen the fight, so shut it kid!

Comment

Power punching stats are given. Wrong argument. And you don't need half a brain to know what's a screwed decision from not.

Throwing 30 punches per round, running like a chicken and a coward, and being outlanded heavily by your opponent is a a COMMON SENSE treatise. You never give rounds to guys who throw 30 punches per round.
                      I would give a guy a round if he threw only 30 punches as long as he landed more effective punches than his opponent and showed better ring generalship. It's not all about who threw the most punches and even sometimes who landed the most. Compubox wouldn't be a good way to judge fights because then the most aggressive fighters would win most of the time. There are some fighters who throw lots of punches, but don't do a lot of damage. Fights are won IMO by the person who lands the most effective punches consistently and uses the ring to his advantage whether it be for his defense or his offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X