No announcement yet.

WBO rules state be up at 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
    The ref didn't do (d) either. He counted to 9 and waved the fight off.
    He didn't do (d) because the fighter failed to be on his feet by 8, as stated by (c). Ergo (d) did not apply.

Comment

Another case of trying to alter reality.

Comment

its seems discretionary doesn't it.. based on the wording, there is a no man's land between 8 and 10.

Basically the ref's choice at that point.

Comment

I honestly think there is no one else to blame but Malik Scott here. He doesnt need to bounce to his feet at the 3 second mark, but if he really was OK, he should have stood up before then. Staying down right until the last moment isnt typical of most fighters that are raring to get stuck back into their foe

If Malik really wanted to fight on, he should have shown more enthusiam rather then the lackadaisical effort he put in getting up for someone who was apparently unhurt.

Scott fans, stop being butthurt and blame him

Comment

why the f**k isn't it called the 8 count then?

Comment

I always thought you had until 10 to get up and IMO Scott got up before 10 and wasn't badly hurt. its a confusing sport at times.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                I always thought you had until 10 to get up and IMO Scott got up before 10 and wasn't badly hurt. its a confusing sport at times.
                This is what happens when people spout BS. People start questioning their own common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                  This is what happens when people spout BS. People start questioning their own common sense!
                  Yeah, a 10 count rule shouldn't be confusing but it is now. is it a 8 count or a 10 count?. Do the rules vary from referee to referee?, from state to state? or country to country?.

MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                    For me he got up before the count and was clearly able to continue, yes he should have gotten up earlier but that isn't a fair reason to stop the fight.

The Tiger was hurt more vs Price but they let him continue for example, bizarre ending anyway you look at it.
                    I agree 100%; common sense could have prevailed.

However, by the WBO rules as described, you have to be on your feet by 8. There's no other intrepration of that rule. It does not say that the referee can assess you after 10. It is explicit, after 8.

(The moron saying 'fail thread' should learn to read.)

Comment

(f)A contestant shall be considered down when any part of his body, other than his feet, is on the floor, or if he is hanging helplessly over the ropes, and only is held up by the ropes, as the resolt of a legal blow
                      Although it doesn't matter now, perhaps it's this rule which is more relevant as Scott was held up by the ropes for about 2 seconds so technically the referee could have started count 2 seconds earlier.

http://www.wboboxing.com/regulations/

and the WBO can't spell "result"?

Comment

Working...
                      X