No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Says Kessler Rematch Talks Are Going Well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Says Kessler Rematch Talks Are Going Well

According to IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch, he expects a rematch with Mikkel Kessler to happen in May or June next year. Froch wants to avenge a 2010 twelve round decision loss to Kessler, which took place in the Super Six tournament. Although Froch is obligated to face Lucian Bute next, per a rematch clause in their initial contract, he doubts Bute will go through with the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Well Kessler has said that he of course would give Froch the rematch that Calzaghe didn't give him.

Its guaranteed to be a great fight, but I'd personally prefer a Kessler- Ward instead as the chance of making that fight will never be bigger than now. A Froch fight will always be there.

Comment

Let's sign it, seal it and deliver it.

The day it's announced is the day I'm booking my ticket.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

I take it Bute is waiting until later in the year?

Also, these quotes from Hearn are somewhat confusing

We have spoken to (promoter) Kalle Sauerland a dozen times in the last week and we’re very close to making the fight,’ Froch’s promoter Eddie Hearn told BBC Five Live.

By the end of the year, we expect to be in a position to have that fight done.'
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz2FQftTVBC
          Last edited by Weebler I; 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Make more sense then trying to go after Ward again...at least the first Kessler vs Froch fight was CLOSE!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              I take it Bute is waiting until later in the year?

Also, these quotes from Hearn are somewhat confusing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz2FQftTVBC
              Doesn't he mean that by the end of 2012 they will have the Froch-Kessler fight signed?

Comment

Its gonna be a good ass fight can't wait. WAR KESSLER!!!

Comment

Bute wants the rematch.

I think Froch wants to avoid a rematch in Montreal, because he'll be tested for PEDs.

Comment

Bring on Kessler - Froch II much better than a Ward fight, this is a war unlike a holding headbutt contest that Ward puts on. Winner gets Ward in Europe, if the sissy dares leave Oakland.

Comment

Working...
                    X