No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Likes Donaire-Mares, But No Golden Co-Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Bob Arums been promoting fights since before many of yall were even born.

Theres nothing GBP brings to the table

The two fighters should get paid and only one promoter (the better one obviously is Top Rank)

Arum offered to paid for Mares services and do a "non-regular co promotion"

I don't see anything wrong with that.

And Arum holds all the cards. Donaire can fight Rigo and move up while Mares has no one to fight on GBP
    Of course you would say that, cause pac is signed with them! Who do they have in the welter weight division besides pac and Bradley?? That's why pac is recycling fights unless you forgot

Comment

• Let them Bid For it like the Lara vs Vanes fight!

Comment

• Divide and conquer

Perhaps the problem is that there are too many sanctioning bodies. They are all competing with each other and are too divided, so the dominant organizations end up being the promotional companies like Top Rank. This seems backwards.

I think a better managed system is when the promotional companies work within the boundaries of one governing sanctioning body. The sanctioning body simply passes and enforces regulations to protect the health and welfare of all their registered fighters. The promoters job would be simplified and limited to just promote the fights and obtain the best payout for their fighters.

Right now, promotional companies are doing more than they should. They are dictating who fights who. They can get around fighting legitimate lineal contenders by simply working with another sanctioning body. The promoters are working the system because the sanctioning bodies are too many, too divided and thus ineffective.

Comment

• boxing should not be split in two divisions where the sides cant fight each other. Disgusting

Comment

• Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
            Mares has way more fans than Donaire. Meaning Mares is an attraction and he draws more money.
            Donaire is pretty casually in the P4P discussion among many fans. I like Mares a lot, but I disagree it's a given he has way more fans than Donaire.

Comment

• When did GBP say that they refuse to work with Arum? I don't believe that for one effin second.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                I like Mares a lot, but I disagree it's a given he has way more fans than Donaire.
                He's Mexican so that fanbase will turn out to see him. That alone is almost enough to make him more popular.

Comment

• 2012 So again how is MW being blamed?

Comment

Working...
                  X