No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Enzo Calzaghe: Carl Froch is Not a Great Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Enzo Calzaghe: Carl Froch is Not a Great Fighter

Enzo Calzaghe, father/trainer of super middleweight great Joe Calzaghe, does not expect Carl Froch to be remembered in the history books as a great fighter. Enzo has kept a close eye on Froch and likes what he sees, but he doesn't view him as a "great fighter."

[Click Here To Read More]

Say what you want but he's faced a string of opponents that Joe Calzaghe could only dream of. No idea what purpose is served by Enzo coming out with this, I'd have kept my mouth shut if I were him.

Comment

joe stays undefeated, froch has already lost

Comment

Indeed, and Calzaghe will always be remembered as one of Britain's best ever, but to knock Froch like this is just pointless. Froch used to call Clazaghe out when he was still active, if he was still doing it now it would be sad.

Comment

Article suddenly quotes Joe but doesn't say it's him.

Comment

When will Carl Froch get the respect he deserves?!?!

If people have the audacity to call fighters like Prince Naseem and David Haye great fighters, then why not Froch? Froch's legacy is better than both of theirs combined. Unlike Naz you can't deny Froch fought the best and beat a lot of the best.

Nothing new here, the Calzaghe's have always shown disrespect towards Froch. It was probably a good move Joe made to head into retirement before ever facing Froch.

Comment

1/2 of the defense of calzaghe were opponents not in 10 top.....weak resume despite the "0"

Greatness is not determine by "0"

Comment

I think I agree with him, but it's kind of pointless to knock him.

I think Ward can be a great fighter if he isn't one already, I'm not sure I'd consider Kessler to be a great fighter but a very very good one. Froch does have the biggest set of balls in boxing though, no one has gone through a set of opponents like he has and he deserves credit for that. I think Joe was a great fighter but it took him a lot longer to get to that real world stage that Froch hit early.

Comment

lmao thought it was Maccaranieli that said this

Comment

He makes for entertaining/competitive fights and he fought the best that were available. Those are characteristics of a "great" fighter imho.

Comment

Working...
                    X