Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Hopes For December Return: I Know I Won!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Hopes For December Return: I Know I Won!

Bryan Vera did not have a chance. Not a few months ago when his fight with Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. was postponed.

Nor when he and his team signed off on allowing Chavez to come in over a contracted weight on three separation occasions.

And especially when most in the boxing world thought he did enough to defeat Chavez in their scheduled 10 round bout at the Stubhub Center in Carson, CA.

Instead, Vera wound up on the short end of the stick, when the boxing world still had the name “CJ Ross” fresh in their memories.

Apparently, the 5,206 in attendance, even the diehard of Chavez fans, did not know whether to cheer or act surprised when the scores were announced.

What more could Vera have done in this fight? Known more for his awkward and aggressive style, Vera boxed well during the early stages of the fight. Chavez looked to counter, but may have been thrown off at times as to what to do because of the different looks Vera gave him [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Bryan Vera did not have a chance. Not a few months ago when his fight with Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. was postponed.

Nor when he and his team signed off on allowing Chavez to come in over a contracted weight on three separation occasions.

And especially when most in the boxing world thought he did enough to defeat Chavez in their scheduled 10 round bout at the Stubhub Center in Carson, CA.

Instead, Vera wound up on the short end of the stick, when the boxing world still had the name “CJ Ross” fresh in their memories.

Apparently, the 5,206 in attendance, even the diehard of Chavez fans, did not know whether to cheer or act surprised when the scores were announced.

What more could Vera have done in this fight? Known more for his awkward and aggressive style, Vera boxed well during the early stages of the fight. Chavez looked to counter, but may have been thrown off at times as to what to do because of the different looks Vera gave him [Click Here To Read More]
    I think Jr has moved on to harsher drugs. Even the most righteous of cronic doesn't make you this stupid

Comment

I had chavez winning 96-94 in a close unbiased decision!if u dnt agree i dnt give. A F***..opinions are like *******$ everone has one.!

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
        I had chavez winning 96-94 in a close unbiased decision!if u dnt agree i dnt give. A F***..opinions are like *******$ everone has one.!
        I thought it was going to be a draw even though I gave the nod to Vera but a victory for Chavez is crazy. Anyway Chavez needs to fight Vera again in December but I'd really like to see him fight Andre Ward after his unfinished business with Vera.

Comment

Vera fought a spirited fight but not enough to win against an out of shape but much higher skilled Chavez. Chavez won this fight although in a very unbecoming fashion. He'll come to play against the REAL gamers though no doubt. (okay just a little doubt) but i love this rollercoaster ride son of a legend so WAR Chavez nevertheless!

Comment

Originally posted by 9iron9mayk9i View Post
            Vera fought a spirited fight but not enough to win against an out of shape but much higher skilled Chavez. Chavez won this fight although in a very unbecoming fashion. He'll come to play against the REAL gamers though no doubt. (okay just a little doubt) but i love this rollercoaster ride son of a legend so WAR Chavez nevertheless!
            Please elaborate on the great display of skills that Chavez Jr. displayed....and what drugs you were on tonight.

Comment

correction, chump -- you got a gift decision but you definitely DIDN'T win the fight....

Comment

Vera worked harder and forced the fight, but he wasn't landing anywhere near as cleanly as Jr. He deserved some rounds, but I had it 96-94 for Jr (and I don't really like the kid).
                Last edited by NachoMan; 09-29-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

This guy made all type of excuses during his post fight interview, and his corner was blaming and insulting the ref before the scores dropped, but he know he won. GTFOH

Comment

Chavez was picking his shots and moving. Straight and looping lead rights and left hooks at will right to Vera's dome. He wasn't in shape and therefore looked lethargic and just gassed for almost the whole fight but he won an ugly victory against a busier but not so accurate and awkward Vera.

Comment

Working...
                    X