This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fighters that would beat the Klitchkos

Who would be the main guys in history that could dispose of the Klitchkos with ease?

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    Who would be the main guys in history that could dispose of the Klitchkos with ease?
    Butterbean
    McNeeley
    Kimbo Slice
    Galento
    Carnera
    Gastineau

Since we know that this is coming anyway...

Comment

Im not picking anyone to dispose of them with ease.

I think Wlad has become a lot harder to hit since his earlier losses and his chin isnt as bad as it is supposed to be.

Foreman, prime Lewis, Louis and Liston crack Vitalis chin though IMO. No knock on his chin. Just not defensively responsible enough to deal with them

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Butterbean
        McNeeley
        Kimbo Slice
        Galento
        Carnera
        Gastineau

Since we know that this is coming anyway...
        Are we overrating the Klitschko's just a bit here?

Comment

Prime Lennox Lewis beat either Klitschko.

Any version.

Prime LL domiantes Vitali.
          Shot LL tko6ed the big stiff.. Prime LL will clown him. Not even under rating Vitali.

Vitali is a good paper champion but Prime LL will clown him and tko4 him.

Prime LL will knock out Wlad in 1 round. No knock on Wlad. Styles make fights. The worst possible style for Wlad is Prime Lewis.

All this is coming from a huge Klitschko fan. I may be a big Klitschko fan but I'm no liar.

I don't really care about the rest of the heavyweights throughout history though. I guess they will all be 50/50 fights with Klitschkos?

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            Prime Lennox Lewis beat either Klitschko.

Any version.

Prime LL domiantes Vitali.
            Shot LL tko6ed the big stiff.. Prime LL will clown him. Not even under rating Vitali.

Vitali is a good paper champion but Prime LL will clown him and tko4 him.

Prime LL will knock out Wlad in 1 round. No knock on Wlad. Styles make fights. The worst possible style for Wlad is Prime Lewis.

All this is coming from a huge Klitschko fan. I may be a big Klitschko fan but I'm no liar.

I don't really care about the rest of the heavyweights throughout history though. I guess they will all be 50/50 fights with Klitschkos?
            and "big klitschko fan" is posting KOed Wlad photos in every other thread (which btw don't have nothing with that fight or relevant discussion), LOL!

Don't be a hypocrite. You love Lennox, you see him as the best ever. That's ok, but don't sell BS. It won't make him bigger if you pretend you are klitschko fan and then 'admit' that lennox is so much better ! It's so obvious that it's sad!

On a topic... I would bet only on Ali (and maybe very prime Tyson) against this version of Wlad.
            Lennox is 50:50... He beats the rest IMO.

A few others would have an edge over Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              and "big klitschko fan" is posting KOed Wlad photos in every other thread (which btw don't have nothing with that fight or relevant discussion), LOL!

Don't be a hypocrite. You love Lennox, you see him as the best ever. That's ok, but don't sell BS. It won't make him bigger if you pretend you are klitschko fan and then 'admit' that lennox is so much better ! It's so obvious that it's sad!

On a topic... I would bet only on Ali (and maybe very prime Tyson) against this version of Wlad.
              Lennox is 50:50... He beats the rest IMO.

A few others would have an edge over Vitali.

Yes.. I will like to apologize. The reason I posted those pictures is that the thread starter belongs in the '2nd category' of Klitschko fans (Freedom, Wladowns aka vladimir23 on ESB,)

You belong in the 1st category.

I will favor this version of Wladimir over almost everyone as well.

He is around Lennox's size, has massive power, great boxing skills, is more athletic than Lennox (debatable though), and is better technically than Lennox.

The only reason I will favor Lewis over Wlad is because Lennox had the ability to turn a fight into a Pier Six brawl and had good inside fighting skills. Lennox's jabs will often be followed by a variety of hooks, short lefts,upper cuts, over hands+ combinations .Wlad's jab is followed by the straight right.
              Lewis on the inside will often have Hopkins like tactics as well in hurting opponents during clinches.
              Lennox had under rated defense as well, he is a very good counter puncher and during his peak had his own variation of the shoulder roll (see Briggs Fight) which he effectively pulls off.

I don't see Wlad or Lewis beating Peak Ali and for me both Wlad and Lewis will be in danger against a Peak Tyson.

The problem is we can't under estimate the OTHER big 2 from the 90's -Peak Bowe and Holyfield.

The best version of Bowe and the best version of Holyfield are surely 50/50 fights or nearly so against Wladimir. This is no knock on Wlad.. because the best versions of Bowe/Holyfield can beat 90% of all the Heavys who ever fought.

To me h2h.. It's divided into several tiers.

Tier 1
              Lewis
              Ali
              Tyson

Tier 1 A
              Wlad
              Vitali
              Holmes
              Holyfield

Tier 2
              Bowe
              Louis
              Foreman

Anybody from Tier 1 can lose to Tier 1 A.. and vice versa.

Tier 2 will be the slight under dogs, but will still be 40/60 fights.

These heavys I listed are just the elite of the elite in terms of overall h2h..
              Last edited by Skittlez; 02-01-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Top of head .........

Lewis Tyson and Ali are my defos

Louis, Foreman, Liston, Holmes probably win (not sure about Foreman)

Bowe at his best I would favor over both but wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way, especially against the current version of wlad.

Holyfield gives em a great fight but I wouldn't be surprised if evander came up short via close decison to both. Not convinced though, prime Holy would be MILES better than anybody they have ever beat and I wouldn't be surprised if he got the win. In trilogys I think he'd defo get a minimum of 1 win over both anyway and maybe just maybe he'd come out on top. Thinking more about this ... Wlad by no means dominated haye ... barring the klit fans yeah he EDGED almost every round but at no point did he really lay a beat down on him, and Holy is gonna be a waaaaaay tougher challenge than Haye and then looking at byrd vitali .... yeah I may revise Holyfield up to favourite v the klits. Not sure ... this could have a thread all of its own if it wasn't for pro/anti klit freaks

I think frazier would be in trouble against them, I'd love to think otherwise and maybe he could pull it out but the foreman demolition makes me think he'd be in trouble with guys of the klits size.

Also in a modern sense it's a pity they never fought Tua, I'd imagine wlad would lewis him but u never know, Vitali v tua would have been a cracker.
                Last edited by Daddy T; 02-01-2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                  Yes.. I will like to apologize. The reason I posted those pictures is that the thread starter belongs in the '2nd category' of Klitschko fans (Freedom, Wladowns aka vladimir23 on ESB,)

You belong in the 1st category.

I will favor this version of Wladimir over almost everyone as well.

He is around Lennox's size, has massive power, great boxing skills, is more athletic than Lennox (debatable though), and is better technically than Lennox.

The only reason I will favor Lewis over Wlad is because Lennox had the ability to turn a fight into a Pier Six brawl and had good inside fighting skills. Lennox's jabs will often be followed by a variety of hooks, short lefts,upper cuts, over hands+ combinations .Wlad's jab is followed by the straight right.
                  Lewis on the inside will often have Hopkins like tactics as well in hurting opponents during clinches.
                  Lennox had under rated defense as well, he is a very good counter puncher and during his peak had his own variation of the shoulder roll (see Briggs Fight) which he effectively pulls off.

I don't see Wlad or Lewis beating Peak Ali and for me both Wlad and Lewis will be in danger against a Peak Tyson.

The problem is we can't under estimate the OTHER big 2 from the 90's -Peak Bowe and Holyfield.

The best version of Bowe and the best version of Holyfield are surely 50/50 fights or nearly so against Wladimir. This is no knock on Wlad.. because the best versions of Bowe/Holyfield can beat 90% of all the Heavys who ever fought.

To me h2h.. It's divided into several tiers.

Tier 1
                  Lewis
                  Ali
                  Tyson

Tier 1 A
                  Wlad
                  Vitali
                  Holmes
                  Holyfield

Tier 2
                  Bowe
                  Louis
                  Foreman

Anybody from Tier 1 can lose to Tier 1 A.. and vice versa.

Tier 2 will be the slight under dogs, but will still be 40/60 fights.

These heavys I listed are just the elite of the elite in terms of overall h2h..
                  Fair enough.
                  I already gave my opinion on prime vs prime (lennox vs wlad).

Although these two have some similarities (strong Manny's fingerprint) I still believe they are quite different fighters. Both of them have certain advantages over the other.

Lennox is a more versatile fighter. He likes wars, he is not afraid to trade punches - although his chin is not among the greats it's better than Wlad's. He throws good combos and body punches. He is strong as ox.

Wlad on the other hand is head hunter. He is the faster fighter, with better foot work and exceptional defense (this is the main think Manny developed in Wlad). He controls the distance perfectly and it is extremely hard to catch him. His chin might be his biggest weakness, but it's not as bed as people trying to make it. It's average.

Emanuel broke this match-up very nicely and he said that Lennox would fight one and only one way. He would like to come inside and stay there. If he manage to do that 90% he would win. Now the question is would he be able to do that with faster, better foot-work fighter with an exceptional jab (one of the best in HW ever) who can also punch very hard (even harder than Lennox according to Manny). Although he doesn't have the speed or the head movement of prime tyson, lennox is strong as hell and maybe he just manages to do it. But his chin again is not the best one and there is always a possibility he would run into Wlad's big right. From the outside I gave advantage to Wlad - I think he can outland Lennox from the outside due to superior speed and jab.

For me it's toss up... very very evenly matched fight. They are both great tactic players and that must be taken into account. It would be a brain power war as well as a physical battle. I have a very high opinion on Lennox and his career. I wouldn't strongly choose any fighter over Lennox except prime Ali (who would beat any fighter that ever lived). But I also have an equally high opinion on Wlad.

I have watched almost every Lennox fight when he fought them, then I am rewatching them on the regular bases. I do the same with Wlad's fights and I can tell how much did he improved and what an animal he became. It's 50:50 for me.. I am positive in one - it would be an epic fight.

Comment

Joe Louis... Jack Johnson,Sonny Liston,Muhammed Ali,Larry Holmes,Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis would all beat Vitali and Wladimir imo

Some obviously easier than others ... Tyson,Liston,Lennox and Johnson would ko them the earliest

Comment

Working...
                    X