Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is pacman past his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacs results show that he is past his prime however in until the Ko punch in the last Marquez fight I actually thought Pac had got something back. His speed and in and out boxing were the best Ive seen from him in years but it appears he sacrificed that for punch resistance cuz his chin was as bad as its ever been and after that kind of KO fighters dont recover. He will be gunshy and if he isnt then his chin will crack from lesser punches when he is nailed again.

He had a good run but its over. 2 losses in a row is a sign but if he keeps trying to redeem himself and losing he will be as bad as Roy Jones Junior who should have learnt after his back to back losses to Tarver and Johnson but he chose to go on and keep losing.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
      Pacs results show that he is past his prime however in until the Ko punch in the last Marquez fight I actually thought Pac had got something back. His speed and in and out boxing were the best Ive seen from him in years but it appears he sacrificed that for punch resistance cuz his chin was as bad as its ever been and after that kind of KO fighters dont recover. He will be gunshy and if he isnt then his chin will crack from lesser punches when he is nailed again.

He had a good run but its over. 2 losses in a row is a sign but if he keeps trying to redeem himself and losing he will be as bad as Roy Jones Junior who should have learnt after his back to back losses to Tarver and Johnson but he chose to go on and keep losing.
      People said he looked fast,maybe cause he was fighting a 39 year old,look at the Bradley fight and see how slow he looked..Lets be honest Jmm knocked him out but he looked far from great in that fight,he just timed him perfectly..

Comment

Marquez knocked everything out of Manny but the spit, so yeah he's past his prime but not past the ability to make money for his lord and master Bob Arum. No, Pacquiao's still fit enough to make a buck and that's all that matters....

Comment

No way Manny is past his prime. I think his best fights are ahead him. All he needs is a little more juice so he can move up in weight and capture the heavyweight title. I really think he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            People said he looked fast,maybe cause he was fighting a 39 year old,look at the Bradley fight and see how slow he looked..Lets be honest Jmm knocked him out but he looked far from great in that fight,he just timed him perfectly..
            so you mean, a 39 year old fighter may not be faster than a 35 year old fighter?

Comment

he was past it after his loss to Morales. at least that's the logic of NSB here. hell, cotto was past it after tony, hatton was past it after floyd.

but wait, cotto somehow was prime again when he fought floyd

Comment

Hasn't looked great since Margarito IMO.

Pac looked like **** in the Mosley fight. Yes Mosley possibly made him look like ****, but the fight was a farce. Pac was fighting halfheartedly, with no fire.

Since Margarito he's been on the decline but he's a still a great fighter, even past his prime.

Comment

1)Of course, he is much slower...
                  2)As is Money May. I am worried about PBF being next.
                  3)Martinez looks like he has 2-3 fights at a world level and that's it.
                  4)W Klit has lost some foot speed, lucky his skill have been on the rise.
                  5)V Klit is clearly past it, perfect for an upset:should retire, forget Haye, Haye will beat him now.
                  6) Ademek is done. Kessler is loosing speed. JMM has been past it, but has fought no one except the man that he had to fight 4 times to beat.

Within 2-4 years there will be a new guard.

Comment

Not sure, but I was actually surprised with his speed than the previous fight w/ Bradley. Perhaps he was more aggressive and then got careless.

Comment

How many 34 year old fighters do we know in their primes?

Comment

Working...
                      X