No announcement yet.

Angulo-Kirkland rematch at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angulo-Kirkland rematch at 160?

Would a rematch at the higher weight be better, since Angulo seems to have problems making 154? He sure looked in bad shape and punched himself out after 2 minutes. As good as this fight was, it wasn't as good as it could have been had Angulo been in better shape. Who agrees? On other hand, Im not sure if Kirkland would want to fight at 160 right now. But why not? He looks strong, he's surely not a small jmw.

There were a few things wrong with the fight. Angulo looked drained and he had a bad training camp as well. He gassed out in 1 round come on now. In a rematch he would walk all over Kirkland who was still eating angulos fatigued and sluggish punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      There were a few things wrong with the fight. Angulo looked drained and he had a bad training camp as well. He gassed out in 1 round come on now. In a rematch he would walk all over Kirkland who was still eating angulos fatigued and sluggish punches.
      Where did this come from?

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        ignore him, he likes to make **** up to suit his agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
          dumb midget LOL

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            His brain.

Bombs is now an official troll.
            Last edited by Evil Abed; 11-06-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I met Angulo a few years back when my kid fought in the blue and gold tourney, at that time he was at Maywood boxing club, in Maywood Ca which was just one block away from the tourney.

We took a walk over there to kill time as we were the 23rd bout of the evening.
              I was amazed at how big Alfredo is, he looks like a light heavyweight, and could not believe that he actually soaked down to 154, this was about three years ago, so to me I say a move up to 160 will help him, But I am not sure about winning against Kirkland.

Angulo like Margarito has **** footwork and does not have a defense, it may help him take them shots better though, But to me going in to this fight it was all about their styles and Kirkland just had more tools to get the job done and he proved that last night.

I think if anything Angulo might last longer but its hard to tell at this stage he shot his load early and was all done from the 2nd on.

Comment

he gassed out because he punched himself out like an idiot. Anybody would if you throw wild haymakers like that miss.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                  I met Angulo a few years back when my kid fought in the blue and gold tourney, at that time he was at Maywood boxing club, in Maywood Ca which was just one block away from the tourney.

We took a walk over there to kill time as we were the 23rd bout of the evening.
                  I was amazed at how big Alfredo is, he looks like a light heavyweight, and could not believe that he actually soaked down to 154, this was about three years ago, so to me I say a move up to 160 will help him, But I am not sure about winning against Kirkland.

Angulo like Margarito has **** footwork and does not have a defense, it may help him take them shots better though, But to me going in to this fight it was all about their styles and Kirkland just had more tools to get the job done and he proved that last night.

I think if anything Angulo might last longer but its hard to tell at this stage he shot his load early and was all done from the 2nd on.
                  True, but Angulo is faster than Margarito, especially the handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                    True, but Angulo is faster than Margarito, especially the handspeed.
                    Handspeed doesnt mean squat if you dont have the footspeed to get you into position to score.

Comment

Working...
                    X