Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your reflections on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.....

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      That logic would make sense if the US hadn't gone to war multiple times since.
      So what would you have done???

The deaths in Korea and Vietnam were far under the estimates of how many US troops would have died invading Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        .........................what should have been done TS??? Your opinion
        My view is not what I would or wouldn't have done, but the moral implications of what was done, and how it must have felt to have made that decision.

I once had some guy the year above me at school always picking on me at breaktimes, trying to rough me up. Never did a thing to that guy.

One day I gave him a kick in the bollocks. He didn't do it again.

Do I justify kicking people in the bollocks though?

Comment

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.....
          Are you sure, 4Corners? I think you might have raised the bar.

Comment

My view is not what I would or wouldn't have done, but the moral implications of what was done, and how it must have felt to have made that decision.

I once had some guy the year above me at school always picking on me at breaktimes, trying to rough me up. Never did a thing to that guy.

One day I gave him a kick in the bollocks. He didn't do it again.

Do I justify kicking people in the bollocks though?
            I guess you and I are different. You f**k with me, I f**k with you. In my mind, I wouldn't have kicked him there, but you were justified in defending yourself.

Comment

Are you sure, 4Corners? I think you might have raised the bar.
              You did that yourself. Someone gives their opinion, and you aim to belittle them. Congrats....

Comment

So what would you have done???

The deaths in Korea and Vietnam were far under the estimates of how many US troops would have died invading Japan.
                What horrifies me slightly is the constant reference to US vs Japanese people. I'm not saying ANYONE would want to sacrifice US lives, but the implicit lack of empathy with burnt up Japs is shocking. You seem to have about as much attachment to the concept that children were murdered with those bombs as Roy Jones has an attachment to punch resistance.

Comment

TS, what would have done??? If it was the wrong call, what was the right one in your opinion???

Comment

I guess you and I are different. You f**k with me, I f**k with you. In my mind, I wouldn't have kicked him there, but you were justified in defending yourself.
                    He was much bigger, and a punch would have led to punches back. A kick in the bollocks ended that ****. Not something I justify though.

As for "belittling" people in this thread, it's just ****s and giggles.

Comment

What horrifies me slightly is the constant reference to US vs Japanese people. I'm not saying ANYONE would want to sacrifice US lives, but the implicit lack of empathy with burnt up Japs is shocking. You seem to have about as much attachment to the concept that children were murdered with those bombs as Roy Jones has an attachment to punch resistance.
                      I care about all people. In a time War, you care about your own people though. Sorry.

Plus, I was saying you have put yourself in the presidents position as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X