Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do boxers lose so much weight at the weigh-in then put on like 20 pounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do boxers lose so much weight at the weigh-in then put on like 20 pounds?

How is it done? How can they manage to lose so much weight through just water then the next day they can gain an extra 20 pounds through rehydrating?

Lol you answered your question INSIDE the question.

Comment

lol

hbjkhkjhjk

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Lol you answered your question INSIDE the question.
        It must be done by something more than just losing water weight surely. Or I may be wrong on this.

Comment

Zab does it by removing his 20 lb gold jewel encrusted grill.

Comment

"Most fighters refrain from liquids. That's why they say in boxing terminology that they're "drying out." But they are so dehydrated by weigh-in time that after the weigh-in they re-hydrate by taking lots of liquids----since their body retains these liquids that the body craves, their body weight baloons overnight. Good example of this was Arturo Gatti. He would re-hydrate and put on 20 llbs. overnight thus giving himself a perfectly legal advantage. That's why many state boxing commissions now demand that the weigh-in take place on THE DAY of the fight. They won't thus have enough time to pack on so much weight in so short a time. But to answer your question on the reverse side, steam baths and saunas as well as taking laxatives and lots of spitting ( honestly ) is a common practice for losing weight overnight. But truth be told, I believe that it is far more common for boxers to pack on weight overnight than it is for them to lose it overnight."

Comment

Do cardio with sweatsuits on...in saunas. That's what some of them do at least. Then you cant eat much the days prior either.

Comment

"Most fighters refrain from liquids. That's why they say in boxing terminology that they're "drying out." But they are so dehydrated by weigh-in time that after the weigh-in they re-hydrate by taking lots of liquids----since their body retains these liquids that the body craves, their body weight baloons overnight. Good example of this was Arturo Gatti. He would re-hydrate and put on 20 llbs. overnight thus giving himself a perfectly legal advantage. That's why many state boxing commissions now demand that the weigh-in take place on THE DAY of the fight. They won't thus have enough time to pack on so much weight in so short a time. But to answer your question on the reverse side, steam baths and saunas as well as taking laxatives and lots of spitting ( honestly ) is a common practice for losing weight overnight. But truth be told, I believe that it is far more common for boxers to pack on weight overnight than it is for them to lose it overnight."
                Thanks man great info. Akways wondered how they do it. Great sig as well. You get it by andre berto by any chance? Or the song by his record company?

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
                  Thanks man great info. Akways wondered how they do it. Great sig as well. You get it by andre berto by any chance? Or the song by his record company?
                  No problem budd. I actually heard that quote about 10 years ago and nothing is truer than that in boxing.

Comment

No problem budd. I actually heard that quote about 10 years ago and nothing is truer than that in boxing.
                    Sorry man my bad. I remember the quote from this song to a andre berto highlight vid.

Comment

Working...
                    X