No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck Knocks Paul Delgado Out To Retain IBF Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck Knocks Paul Delgado Out To Retain IBF Belt

At the Sportpark Arena in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Jan Zaveck (31-1, 18KOs) retained the IBF welterweight title with a fifth round knockout of overmatched American challenger Paul Delgado (25-10, 4KOs). Delgado went down twice in the second round. It was the third defense of the title for Zaveck, who hopes to land a much bigger fight in his next ring outing and prefers for that fight to happen in the United States. Prior to this loss, Delgado was riding a five fight win streak. [Click Here To Read More]

fight karass-jones winner or kell brook.

Comment

Not surprising it was just a stay busy fight, hopefully he can find someone better for his next fight.

Comment

Legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          fight karass-jones winner or kell brook.
          But would Jones have the courage to go to Slovenia to face Zaveck? A lot of fighters like Mayweather, Ward, etc are afraid to leave home.

They remind me of the movie Failure to Launch.

Jan Zaveck however is a warrior who won his IBF title on the road in Africa. He's not afraid to come to the US.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 02-18-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
            But would Jones have the courage to go to Slovenia to face Zaveck? A lot of fighters like Mayweather, Ward, etc are ******* who won't leave home.

Jan Zaveck however is a warrior who won his IBF title on he road in Africa.
            PPl always over looks this and also overlook the fact that he avenged his only "loss" which was a product of poor scoring.

He is much more deserving to be called a champion than Berto at this point in my view.

Comment

I like the fact that Zaveck has expressed a desire to come to the U.S. and make a name for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                But would Jones have the courage to go to Slovenia to face Zaveck? A lot of fighters like Mayweather, Ward, etc are afraid to leave home.

Jan Zaveck however is a warrior who won his IBF title on the road in Africa. He's not afraid to come to the US.
                Are you kidding me. It's not american arrogance, it's just true.......slovenia. Be realistic. Comparing going to america with going to slovenia.....

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                  Are you kidding me. It's not american arrogance, it's just true.......slovenia. Be realistic. Comparing going to america with going to slovenia.....

Zaveck fights in front of bigger crowds in Slovenia than Jones and Berto do in the US.

Just like Calzaghe always had bigger crowds in another small country, Wales, than American boxers have in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                    Zavec pulls 12,000 people in Slovenia.

How many does Mike Jones draw, 250-500?

Zavec is the champ and will come to America to fight against a name opponent, for a title, or when the money's right.

To try to call him out for "ducking" American guys if he wont come to America to let an American fighter try to take his belt for under a million dollars is ignorant.

If they don't have the name value or drawing power to entice Zavec with a fight in America, then they have to go to his backyard to try to take his belt. He's the champ, thats how he won his title (in Africa), and that's how it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X