No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Keith Thurman Possible For 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
    Jumping the gun eh. GBP isn't making Thurman vs. Canelo come the hell on.
    My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
      They can't match Thurman with Canelo...
      That fight would be waaaay to soon for Keith Thurman he hasn't fought anybody really notable to be worth a mention in the same breath as Canelo.
      Thurman's sheer punching power is not in question he packs a punch and looks really big for the division but going from Carlos Quintana to a top fighter like Canelo is just way to much of a step up he needs to fight someone like Gabriel Rosado before he even contemplated making such a step up.
      And what JMW top fighter canelo fought?...thruman fought quintana but canelo who?..he don't need to fight a top 10 at least once to be considerated top fighter?..

Comment

Canelo will never match himself against somebody who can punch if is not a big pay day...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
          Are you kidding?..you want to tell me that canelo is going to avoid the part of prove himself?..how is that thruman have to still prove himself and canelo not...boxing fans..
          Canelo has a fanbase and that always makes him a player. I'm not saying its right but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            I think they're gonna let that marinate a bit. I think Canelo is getting into big fights now as Thurman is still proving himself though he did beat a good name in Quintana, though quite passed it.
            This^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              Canelo will never match himself against somebody who can punch if is not a big pay day...
              Paul Williams and Kirkland can't punch?

Comment

Canelo wants to fight the top guys and Thurman is not a top guy yet. Canelo will be fighting guys like Martinez and Cotto if Cotto wins and Canelo can get those fights. The fight would be at 154 because Canelo is a star now and he won't compromise on the weight. Quintana was ranked #15 by the WBC so beating him got Thurman a ranking somewhere in the WBC top 15. If he keeps winning he might get the Canelo fight down the road.

Comment

oooooooooh...sign me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
                    Paul Williams and Kirkland can't punch?
                    He didn't fight them...look..Kirkland was coming from get koed by the Japanese guy and then from a loss to carlos molina. He was also injured when canelo said he wanted to fight him..the same with williams. He was coming from a career stoper desvastating ko loss to martines and them from a hard beat down from lara...why he didn't chose the ones who beat them...molina and lara will be avoided till they clearly lose two fight or they get old enough to fight canelo..

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Canelo wants to fight the top guys and Thurman is not a top guy yet. Canelo will be fighting guys like Martinez and Cotto if Cotto wins and Canelo can get those fights. The fight would be at 154 because Canelo is a star now and he won't compromise on the weight. Quintana was ranked #15 by the WBC so beating him got Thurman a ranking somewhere in the WBC top 15. If he keeps winning he might get the Canelo fight down the road.
                      Canelo is not the onlyone who want to fight the too guys..thruman wants too..every boxer want that..

Comment

Working...
                      X