No announcement yet.

Some of my sparring videos over the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Your style won't be accepted on a international level and even in the states you can get a million warnings in a round for your lowered head! I went through this same thing with Mike Tyson in the J.O regional & national tourny. I was the region one team coach and Mike was on my tean for 2 years. He stopped everyone in the J.O's but in the open class he was not getting any breaks by the officials who knew he'd be punished by the rules so Henry Tillman usually got the nod and Henry actually beat him straight up a few times, he was good.
    I know you've been told to stay low but it hurts your jab delivery as I said if you can work on your side to side quick upper body moves then fire when your up you'd do better with your jab. You could also double jab to score/ get closer/ and get off combinations because you've "cut the distance" alot. As a shorter fighter you can't get caught reaching so you need quick accurate jabs with quick accurate steps that get your distance perfect for shots!! The kid in the video needed a first round of body shots so by the second round other than him running you'd be reaching his head easier!! Don't negate your jab, in Cus's style the jab is issued just as much as in a movers style. Jabs unlock the doors to get your feet up and in to land more meaningfull shots. I know your style very well, not just from working with Cus's fighters but thats how I fought when I had a runner. Take center ring cut it half use lots of faints and punch his shoulders out of place (their easy to reach) hahaha!! I'm a firm believer in heart shots, solar, shoulders, bisceps etc not everything is a head shot if you can punch hit the guy anywhere. He'll know you could punch so you got him on the defense already. Things will get easier once you let the guy feel fast hard shots that land anywhere. To many guys look to pin point right away thats not smart just make the guy feel you and then look in his eyes. You'll know!! good luck be first!! Ray
    Good words, really good words. I'll be honest; I hate amateurs and I'm on my way out. From what I usually do in sparring that's not on video and amateur is totally different. I have to adjust to amateur style at last minute. And that jab is a beast, that is true. Haha. My coach tells me sometimes to hit them hard a few times in the beginning and they'll know. Haha. Good to have members like you on.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K12 View Post
      Good words, really good words. I'll be honest; I hate amateurs and I'm on my way out. From what I usually do in sparring that's not on video and amateur is totally different. I have to adjust to amateur style at last minute. And that jab is a beast, that is true. Haha. My coach tells me sometimes to hit them hard a few times in the beginning and they'll know. Haha. Good to have members like you on.
      You trying to go pro?

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
        You trying to go pro?
        And what's your weight mate? I'm 172, 5'9 by the way, I need to lose some f**king weight. I had a broken rib recently so just ate and ate without doing any exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
          And what's your weight mate? I'm 172, 5'9 by the way, I need to lose some f**king weight. I had a broken rib recently so just ate and ate without doing any exercise.
          Yeah I am. As of now I weight around 164lb. Broken ribs suck; I had cracked my rib in wrestling in the 11th grade.

Comment

I swear man, you fight more like Tyson than anyone I've ever seen. I like it, you are just like him...the side weaving is friggin awesome, you get to the inside smoothly and then the left hook while springing up....NICE!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I swear man, you fight more like Tyson than anyone I've ever seen. I like it, you are just like him...the side weaving is friggin awesome, you get to the inside smoothly and then the left hook while springing up....NICE!
              I appreciate it. Tons of work still to be done,though.

Comment

yo you do any type of lower body lifts like deadlifts and squats with heavy weight or strictly body weight?

4 your fighting style your legs must be beast haha/

post your workout regimen for your legs if u have one loco, bet

Comment

Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
                  yo you do any type of lower body lifts like deadlifts and squats with heavy weight or strictly body weight?

4 your fighting style your legs must be beast haha/

post your workout regimen for your legs if u have one loco, bet
                  I don't lift weights. I stopped 10 years ago after senior athletics. And I don't have a workout for my legs. They're just naturally strong and big. Sometimes I wish I could lie and say I bench 450lbs and squat 840lbs. Haha.

Comment

I don't lift weights. I stopped 10 years ago after senior athletics. And I don't have a workout for my legs. They're just naturally strong and big. Sometimes I wish I could lie and say I bench 450lbs and squat 840lbs. Haha.
                    Damn thats more motivation to know u aint squatting 800 pounds tho.. at least for me haha.

good luck out there, you got a raw ass style.

why you decided to fight that way? your reach is naturally shorter than most by any chance?

i got some stubby ass arms man, i know fools who are inches shorter than me with longer reach, i have to try and go in and fight inside cause ill get tagged all day long at bay

Comment

Your legs are natural? Damn bro

Comment

Working...
                      X