No announcement yet.

Eminem Vs Big L

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    This one was alright imo, but I think he went harder in Nail in the Coffin.

I agree, but I like the overall flow better in 'The Sauce'.

Em diss tracks are brutal. I know a lot of fans say he had some weak opposition (and I tend to agree with that), but he gutted every single one of his opponets on an extremely personal level - Whether that was exposing Benzino's power trip at 'The Source' and making fun of him for pimping his son, or ****ting on Everlast's heart condition and transition to blues, etc...

The best diss tracks are the ones where things get to that level where it becomes personal, and Em is a beast in that type of environment.

He's got a new album coming out this year, too. It should be a bright light in an otherwise very depressing genre.

Comment

Big L is classic.

His music is timeless and his delivery was dynamic and clean and had some slick ass rhymes.

You can always bump Big L and it will be cool.

Eminem's voice is annoying as **** and his music wont age well at all.

Comment

Lyrically, Eminem destroys Big L.

He's just better. Big L truly ain't ****.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          Big L is classic.

His music is timeless and his delivery was dynamic and clean and had some slick ass rhymes.

You can always bump Big L and it will be cool.

Eminem's voice is annoying as **** and his music wont age well at all.
          co-sign

people in this thread are confusing two different parts of the game...MCing and rapping

big l was clearly the better rapper...he set the trend and near perfected it in his time. i've been listening to his work since he started in COC and his technical skills paired with his sharp lyrics to me are second to none

eminem most likely is the better MC...em has dedicated himself to becoming a student of the game and possesses almost all the qualities to be called the best. he's sharp, smart and he can trump about anyone before they can even form a line...however he does not use his ability to provide versatility in his presentation. before people start talking about a contradiction here what i mean is aside from lyrical content he often sounds the same melodically speaking and that limits him to a certain style within hip hop music...

take for example the bone thugs and harmony members...most of them being technically and lyrically profound but they sound awful on today's beats...i think em knows this about himself and that's why he's committed to his own style which also kind of limits him

Comment

It's obviously Eminem.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Big L is overrated as hell. He was great at freestyles but that was about it. He's a perfect example of a mother****er nobody knew anything about until the hipsters of the hip hop community dug his ass up and proclaimed him the GOAT.

Say what you want about Em's pop hits, mainstream appeal, and whatever else you want to bring up to try and knock him, but nobody rips a mic apart like that dude. Nobody.

look, Sal Sanchez may have been the greatest featherweight/superfeather/and lightweight of all time. but that ***** died.

same thing for Big L.

As it stands Eminem on his lyrics and longevity is much better.

But to be fair Em has dropped some real duds. Not just dud tracks but whole dud albums.

Comment

Big SaL, represent!

Comment

with all that said, talent wise, they were similar. L was more of a punchline rapper as opposed to a freestyle rapper. which is the reason why you'll often here some of his rhymes repeated in cyphers.

he was unquestionable a mad mother phucker though. i listened to his **** daily. both of them actually. i got the graveyard and a couple mathers albums on repeat for when i workout.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    co-sign

people in this thread are confusing two different parts of the game...MCing and rapping

big l was clearly the better rapper...he set the trend and near perfected it in his time. i've been listening to his work since he started in COC and his technical skills paired with his sharp lyrics to me are second to none

eminem most likely is the better MC...em has dedicated himself to becoming a student of the game and possesses almost all the qualities to be called the best. he's sharp, smart and he can trump about anyone before they can even form a line...however he does not use his ability to provide versatility in his presentation. before people start talking about a contradiction here what i mean is aside from lyrical content he often sounds the same melodically speaking and that limits him to a certain style within hip hop music...

take for example the bone thugs and harmony members...most of them being technically and lyrically profound but they sound awful on today's beats...i think em knows this about himself and that's why he's committed to his own style which also kind of limits him
                    one on my brothers from another. breakin' it down from the Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      Big SaL, represent!

Comment

Working...
                      X