Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many decision have been successfully reversed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many decision have been successfully reversed?

I was watching the 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez (dead horse, right? This is different) and I remember Roach talking about filing to get the first decision reversed due to the bad scorecard

The commission said it was the equivalent to an umpire missing a call, but I think that's bullshit in this case... A bad decision like Pacquiao/Bradley, if the investigation proved no foul play on the part of the judges, than I can understand comparing a bad decision to an umpire missing a call

But there is a RULE that says 3 knockdowns is 10-6... There's no way a judge's misunderstanding of the rules should be a permanent mark on someone's record

It reminds me of when Joe Louis first beat Jersey Joe Walcott becuz the judge simply wrote Louis' name on back instead of Walcott's...

And so..... As a trainer's protest of a decision ever lead to a reversal?

Can't think of any off the top of my head, just fights that get changed to "No Contenst" other than that, i only see reversals in Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      I was watching the 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez (dead horse, right? This is different) and I remember Roach talking about filing to get the first decision reversed due to the bad scorecard

The commission said it was the equivalent to an umpire missing a call, but I think that's bullshit in this case... A bad decision like Pacquiao/Bradley, if the investigation proved no foul play on the part of the judges, than I can understand comparing a bad decision to an umpire missing a call

But there is a RULE that says 3 knockdowns is 10-6... There's no way a judge's misunderstanding of the rules should be a permanent mark on someone's record

It reminds me of when Joe Louis first beat Jersey Joe Walcott becuz the judge simply wrote Louis' name on back instead of Walcott's...

great post

Being so slow to implement any improvements is why boxing can be stupid and is still stuck in the stone age. Changes happen so slowly it's like they don't even happen at all when it comes to the sport of boxing

Comment

I may be wrong or was to young at the time and dont remember exactly but wasnt Morales/Barrera I changed after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          I may be wrong or was to young at the time and dont remember exactly but wasnt Morales/Barrera I changed after the fight.
          Wait. What?

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post

bunch of bull if you ask me crying about the score card but what about that blow Pac hit JMM while he was down no point was taken away lets just call it even. funny even if you score it the way you want it many still had JMM wining that figth
            Last edited by solo20; 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
              Wait. What?
              Yeah it was just a controversy with scoring and what it was i remember was the mexican stations calling for a reversal of scores but didnt happen

Comment

there's no rule that says 3 knockdowns must be a 10-6 round. you're making that up.

Comment

Dawson-Hopkins 1 was successfully reversed from a KO win for Chad to a no decision.

Comment

Tim Bradley vs Nate. Campbell was overtuned from tko to no contest

Comment

Working...
                    X