No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hometown Sweep: Yamanaka, Ao, Hasegawa Win in Tokyo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hometown Sweep: Yamanaka, Ao, Hasegawa Win in Tokyo

By Jake Donovan - Shinsuke Yamanaka turned back the challenge of Vic Darchinyan with a 12-round points win Friday evening at the International Forum in Tokyo, Japan.

Scores were 116-112 (twice) and 117-111 in their bantamweight title fight. [Click Here To Read More]

So it sounds like Darichiyan was robbed in Tokyo. I might have to see some vid of the fight to see if it is like the writer is making it sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
      So it sounds like Darichiyan was robbed in Tokyo. I might have to see some vid of the fight to see if it is like the writer is making it sound.
      If that's the conclusion you reached after reading the article... then I strongly suggest you read it again. At no point did I suggest that Darchinyan was robbed. In fact, he didn't win more than a round or two in the second half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
        How so? I doubt it. It says there Darchi was hurt towards the end of the fight couple of times. Plus none of the judges nor the ref were japanese.

Sounds like the Ao-Terd was a good fight, I also had Ao winning.

Comment

WAR HOZUMI.Great to see him bck winning

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            How so? I doubt it. It says there Darchi was hurt towards the end of the fight couple of times. Plus none of the judges nor the ref were japanese.

Sounds like the Ao-Terd was a good fight, I also had Ao winning.
            I had Ao winning as well... can see 116-112 or 115-113. I thought 118-110 was way off and the final scores didn't jive with how the cards read after eight rounds. I thought Terdsak fought well enough down the stretch to make the fight a lot closer than the scorecards suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
              I had Ao winning as well... can see 116-112 or 115-113. I thought 118-110 was way off and the final scores didn't jive with how the cards read after eight rounds. I thought Terdsak fought well enough down the stretch to make the fight a lot closer than the scorecards suggested.
              Oh you actually watched the fight? I meant I had Ao winning on my predictions, Box Picks and CLB. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work but hope the fights are out on video by the time I get home.

Comment

Oh you actually watched the fight? I meant I had Ao winning on my predictions, Box Picks and CLB. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work but hope the fights are out on video by the time I get home.
                Ha, of course I did. Otherwise I'd have to source my entire fight report. But yeah, I was up at the crack of yak watching on the 3" window provided by Keyhole TV app.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                  Ha, of course I did. Otherwise I'd have to source my entire fight report. But yeah, I was up at the crack of yak watching on the 3" window provided by Keyhole TV app.
                  Yea I tried to watch it on my phone but the 2 streaming sites I use weren't showing it.

Comment

Yea I tried to watch it on my phone but the 2 streaming sites I use weren't showing it.
                    I hate watching on Keyhole (such a fitting name as it's pretty much the view), but was in the same boat -the sites I normally rely upon had nothing posted.

Comment

Working...
                    X