Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one in the right place is Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Pacquiao 1, mayweather 2 and marquez 3
      I'm sure that's because 80% of the voters never actually saw Roy or Holyfield in their primes.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Holyfield doesn't compare to likes of Pac achievement wise. He's the GOAT at 200lbs but Pac is unparalleled with what he's done.
        Er, Pac is a good fighter but a lot of what he's done has been at catchweights against shall we say... a bit less then the best possible opponents.

I'll take guys like Hearns weight climbing exploits over Pacquiaos any day of the week

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Holyfield doesn't compare to likes of Pac achievement wise. He's the GOAT at 200lbs but Pac is unparalleled with what he's done.
          Greatest cruiserweight of all time, top 10 heavy and an absolutely stacked resume.

There was no careful guiding at play with Holyfield. He fought everyone. Hell, he's still trying to fight everyone.

Comment

I had to pick Mayweather,although B-Hop Pac and Holyfield will always be in the same league and breath as the Money man..But Mayweather being undefeated and the cash cow of boxing will go a long way to making Mayweather one of the best fighters ever to do it..Now you'll have some haters of course,but there really should be no question what Mayweather has meant to the sport of boxing...

Comment

Holyfield, IMO.

Comment

Mayweather his undefeated, he schooled Marquez 12-0, Marquez knocked out Pacman n had three close fights in which i thought he won 2 n draw the rematch

RJJR has messed up his legacy, he would of been top 5 if he retired after John Ruiz

old Hopkins has been boring n dirty

Holyfield should come 2nd

Mosley lol shouldnt even be on the list
                Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 01-24-2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I'm sure that's because 80% of the voters never actually saw Roy or Holyfield in their primes.
                  I know most of the fighters in the poll careers are not over..But you can't just take prime fighters,I would have to look at overall career...No??

Comment

It should be Holyfield

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Er, Pac is a good fighter but a lot of what he's done has been at catchweights against shall we say... a bit less then the best possible opponents.

I'll take guys like Hearns weight climbing exploits over Pacquiaos any day of the week
                      He was the lineal champion in 4 divisions, first man to do so. The catchweight fiasco started when he peaked at Welterweight and I don't really agree with it but he's proven himself there outside of catchweights.

In an ATG sense, Pac will be well above the likes of Holyfield. If you want to compare them skill wise, then I'd have Holyfield above Pac. Apart from Mayweather, who hasn't Pac fought?

It's already set in stone who will be viewed higher in a historical sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X