No announcement yet.

Why do you love Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
    For me it is the only sport where it is 1 on 1 and you determine your own destiny. During training you get a chance to know you,how far you can go,you know your limits. Boxing in it's essence is pure and beautiful.

Agreed 100%.

Other reasons would be the competitiveness. Seeing different styles from all over the world. Seeing a fighter overcome adversity. The discipline, determination & desire. Boxing is a very emotional & dramatic sport.

Comment

Why i love the sport of boxing............

I grew up with 5 Uncles as up and coming fighters and 2 of them became CHAMPS! Tony Lopez and Loretto Garza! And along with JCC Sr, they were all my Granfathers, Tios, Tias, cousins would talk about when i was a kid, besides the Raiders & Niners that is. I remember going to Panthers Stadium, memorial auditorium and the original Arco Arena to watch them fight. And when they each became Champs, my familia went crazy!!! I started boxing because of them, but due to street fights, and all the trouble i used to get into and what not, my budding career came to a halt @14yo due to injuries. And although they are long retired, my kids watch their fights on tv. I have most of their fights on dvd now. My boys also watch damn near every HBO, Showtime and PPV fight thats on, and they love it!

Comment

Great posts here fellas

Comment

Like Lampley said once, nothing connects to the human spirit like boxing. The drama of it tops any sport in the world, bar none.

Comment

Working...
          X