No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux on 4/27 in Vegas, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
    Did you know Marroquin out weighted Rigondeaux by a least 8 pounds that night? So a SBW fighting a SFW, he should had Ko GR, and Marroquin can bang...
    They both weighed 122 at the weigh-in where it counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
      Honestly I'm just waiting for all the Donaire haters to come out once he beats Rigondeaux's ass and say "Rigo wasn't that good", "who had Rigo fought before this" "Donaire's just fighting midgets". Donaire will take this fight, go through his VOLUNTARY drug testing, which Rigo will not do and still woop this guys ass and you guys will still com on this site and hate,hate, hate.
      Rigondeaux already told the press that he will do any test Donaire ask, either you don't keep up with the news or you are a troll...

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        Nowhere in here does it say that the fight is on. Ronnie is jocking Donaire now.
        Originally posted by richardt View Post
        You also did not check all the other sites reporting the same thing. Does anyone read other boxing web sites?
        The body of the article doesn't mention it, perhaps because the title already spells it out.

Boxrec already has the fight listed, by the way.

Comment

• hoping its stay n vegas maybe i can go

Comment

• the fight is being negotiated, and all the t's are being crossed and the i's being dotted

this fight was being negotiated since last year. the dead giveaway was Donaire blabbering about the ongoing negotiations since last year

a lot of people have been blaming Nonito but it seems the only logical explanation here is Rigo's camp trying to get to the most money out of this as they can

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              At this level, the world class P4P level, seven months is a long time. Rigo can walk into the ring and spank some journeyman after a year-and-a-half long layoff, but against Donaire, he needs to bring his A-game. I would've preferred that Guillermo get at least one good fight in-between, like Poonsawat. As it is, it's like playing minor league ball one day and being called up to the majors the next. That fastball and curve are gonna look a lot different at that stage. I don't like it, but opportunity is knocking and Rigondeaux has to answer the door.
              Meh. If he's gonna win he's gonna win. If he's gonna lose he's gonna lose. Poon or no other journeyman would get Rigo ready for Donaire. He already fought the people he needed to fight. Much bigger guys such as Cordoba and Marroquin.

As far as the bold goes, it didn't seem to affect someone like LeBron James going straight from HS to the pros, if you know what I mean. My mind is going blank right now but if I think of another example Ill throw it at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
                the fight is being negotiated, and all the t's are being crossed and the i's being dotted

this fight was being negotiated since last year. the dead giveaway was Donaire blabbering about the ongoing negotiations since last year

a lot of people have been blaming Nonito but it seems the only logical explanation here is Rigo's camp trying to get to the most money out of this as they can
                And if we come to find out Rigo is getting another 150k while Donaire is getting a 1M, what will happen? Donaire said Rigo is pricing himself out (one of his 100000 excuses) yall took it and ran with it. The same way this article makes it sound like the fight is official and yall ran with it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  They both weighed 122 at the weigh-in where it counts.
                  Don't be an A$$, you know when it counts is inside the ring and Marroquin weighted 130 lbs,

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    Don't be an A$$, you know when it counts is inside the ring and Marroquin weighted 130 lbs,

He rehydrated to 134.

Comment

• Donaire better buy a new liver and have it at ring side with the surgeon ready...

Comment

Working...
                      X