No announcement yet.

The real robbery last night occured in the Cintron/Martinez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real robbery last night occured in the Cintron/Martinez fight

I see a ton of people claiming Funeka was robbed, I had Campbell up by a point, but a draw, or a close decision either way would've been fine.

But why is everybody labelling the Funeka/Campbell fight a robbery, when the real robbery occured during Cintron/Martinez? Majority draw my ass, Cintron lost twice in the same fight! First he got KTFO, then he lost on points, all in the same fight!

It's because he's not black, isn't it?

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I see a ton of people claiming Funeka was robbed, I had Campbell up by a point, but a draw, or a close decision either way would've been fine.

But why is everybody labelling the Funeka/Campbell fight a robbery, when the real robbery occured during Cintron/Martinez? Majority draw my ass, Cintron lost twice in the same fight! First he got KTFO, then he lost on points, all in the same fight!

It's because he's not black, isn't it?
    Alot of posters on boxingscene, don't appreciate black fighters.

Comment

Yea, Cintron definetly got pretty lucky. Most refs would have ended in the 7th but this ref did not seem to want to end the fight there and was pretty generous allowing Cintron to get up as he was saying ten. Not only that, but the point deduction which Martinez did get warned about was pretty soft. Cintron owes this ref big time, I think Cintron's wife owe the guy some head actually, because with the draw he dramatically helped out Cintrons near term earning potential.

I gave 4 rounds to Cintron and I was being pretty generous with one of them. I thought that HBO at points was sucking Martinez's **** a little to much, but that does not change the fact that he should have won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

I gave 4 rounds to Cintron and I was being pretty generous with one of them. I thought that HBO at points was sucking Martinez's **** a little to much, but that does not change the fact that he should have won the fight.

Cintron was fighting like a guy searching for answers, Martinez was fighting like he always fights. Cintron put on a sparkling display of "ineffective aggression" that really made the fight hard to watch.

Personally I gave Cintron the 1st and 2nd and then gave Martinez 3-10. I didn't score the last 2 because I figured it was elementary and that Cintron was going to need a knockout to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Cintron was fighting like a guy searching for answers, Martinez was fighting like he always fights. Cintron put on a sparkling display of "ineffective aggression" that really made the fight hard to watch.

Personally I gave Cintron the 1st and 2nd and then gave Martinez 3-10. I didn't score the last 2 because I figured it was elementary and that Cintron was going to need a knockout to win.
          Right on. My cousin who is a casual fight fan at best, mentioned that "the guy with the cool gloves needs to knock that gay guy out to win".

Comment

The decision was a joke. Martinez won rounds 3-12 end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

1,2,9,10- 9 is the most dubious round I gave Cintron but it was Cintron's best round in a long time so I gave it to him, the 10th I felt was Cintron's best round of the fight. I thought Cintron had a decent shot going into the 11th and 12th to make it an interesting fight on the cards, especially when the ref brought up taking a point away from Martinez.

That said Cintron did not do **** in rounds 3-8 and in 11,12 (round 9 could have also gone to Martinez). Tough to win (or draw) a fight when you get knocked down and lose 8 out of 12 rounds.

115-111 Martinez. Cintron definetly did not look like he had any sort of answer for Martinez though and looked lost for vast sections of the fight.
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-15-2009, 06:06 PM.

Comment

agreed...nate-funeka was a closer bout in which the KDs could have been the difference...as for martinez-contron, that was the sergio show...he dictated the pace, won most of the exchanges and had the better workrate...he should be the one crying robbery

Comment

Working...
                X