Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Weighs in at 223, Cunningham Hit Scale at 203.5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adamek has weighed in at between 220 and 225 the last 3 fights. Cunningham is basically a super cruiser, not even a HW. You should at least be in the 215-220 range to even be a moderately small guy at HW.

I think Adamek stops Cunningham to be honest. I watched a video of Cunningham's last fight, his HW debut and I was not that impressed at all. He faded badly down the stretch against an ex-cop who had lost 3 of his last 4 fights by KO and Cunningham went the distance with him.

I think Adamek has filled in at HW and will have much more power than what Cunningham is going to be expecting and/or remembering. I think he will be shocked and stunned early but stay in the fight for a while. Stoppage in rds 10-12, or UD for Adamek.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Adamek has weighed in at between 220 and 225 the last 3 fights. Cunningham is basically a super cruiser, not even a HW. You should at least be in the 215-220 range to even be a moderately small guy at HW.

I think Adamek stops Cunningham to be honest. I watched a video of Cunningham's last fight, his HW debut and I was not that impressed at all. He faded badly down the stretch against an ex-cop who had lost 3 of his last 4 fights by KO and Cunningham went the distance with him.

I think Adamek has filled in at HW and will have much more power than what Cunningham is going to be expecting and/or remembering. I think he will be shocked and stunned early but stay in the fight for a while. Stoppage in rds 10-12, or UD for Adamek.
      Good post. I agree. I can't wait for this fight, it'll definitely bring the entertainment. I'm a Cunnigham fan but I see him getting stopped within 8.. Adamek is a true heavyweight now and I just can't see USS withstanding his power for 12. Also Adamek is about a Kubrat Pulev victory away from a title shot and I see him coming out very aggressive and hungry from the opening bell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
        Adamek is a true heavyweight now and Cunningham isn't.

Adamek stops him in 5.
        Adamek is a heavyweight but he certainly isn't a good one. He lives off hometown wins against terrible opposition.

I hope Cunningham wins this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Is Adamek a bit overweight?

Cunningham will be faster tomorrow at his lighter weight.
          Adamek's weight has me wondering if he'll win this.

Comment

Its around the same weight Tomasz has been in his last 3 bouts, not worried about it.

USS coming in a shade over the CW limit is a bit worrisome though. He couldn't hurt Tomasz before when they both weighed in at the CW limit, how the hell is he going to hurt him this go around giving up 20lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

You can get away with being light if you have the talent and athletic ability to pull it off. Unfortunetly, Cunningham doesn't. I believe David Haye came in at 210 last time out against Chisora and looked great.

I don't think either of these guys are very good, but I think Adamek has more about him and seing as the talent gap isn't much, the extra weight will help him win this.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                Adamek is a heavyweight but he certainly isn't a good one. He lives off hometown wins against terrible opposition.

I hope Cunningham wins this.
                What hometown decision are u talking about? His biggest win was against Arreola and that was in Arreolas venue. Uss will look good early but he will fade as soon as he gets hits(and he will get hit for sure as Adamek is still fast). Stop hating at two times two division world champ who is fighting who is who at heavyweight and actually trying to earnt his shot at belt, unlike these British guys fighting only domestic opposition and somehow thinking they deserve a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Time for redemption!! All aboard the USS Cunningham!!!!
                  I'm all in... let's set sail!

Comment

Cool if Adamek gets accustomed to a fight weight around 220.. hope he blasts Cunningham out.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                      Good post. I agree. I can't wait for this fight, it'll definitely bring the entertainment. I'm a Cunnigham fan but I see him getting stopped within 8.. Adamek is a true heavyweight now and I just can't see USS withstanding his power for 12. Also Adamek is about a Kubrat Pulev victory away from a title shot and I see him coming out very aggressive and hungry from the opening bell.
                      Yep. Adamek is on a mission. Cunningham is getting KOd.

Comment

Working...
                      X