Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Richard Grant vs James Butler full fight exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Richard Grant vs James Butler full fight exist?

I have seen the post fight controversey which is STILL on youtube with several copies on youtube and other video sites.

But for some strange reason I cant find the actual full fight!

Was Richard Grant a good boxer? Did his career/reaction time shortened because of that sucker punch?

I just dont get why the full fight gets removed but the post fight nightmare is still everywhere...

Of course it does. It was televised by ESPN2 on the Friday night fights in 2001.

And Grant was a ok boxer, perhaps a spoiler at times but after he beat Butler, it was probably the highest he ever was in the rankings. Unfortunitely he was ko'd by Antwun Echols in his next fight. Whether or not the Butler foul led to his being knocked out, I can't really say. But it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
      I have seen the post fight controversey which is STILL on youtube with several copies on youtube and other video sites.

But for some strange reason I cant find the actual full fight!

Was Richard Grant a good boxer? Did his career/reaction time shortened because of that sucker punch?

I just dont get why the full fight gets removed but the post fight nightmare is still everywhere...
      I have seen the whole fight and I remember it pretty good. Richard Grant was the better boxer and he was clowning Butler for most of the fight. Butler was past his prime and he couldn't hurt Grant. Butler got angry cause Grant was clowning him throughout the whole fight. and then Butler did what he did at the end of the fight.

Comment

btw actually I can get you the fight if you want. Might take maybe 2 days though.

Comment

i had the full fight, I have to look thru my dvds to find it but yeah it exist.

Comment

but honestly fuck butler, sore loser ass motherfucker. not rying to turn your thread anywhere else but dude shouldent even be mention anymore, Thats how much he dont exist to me.

Comment

Remember Teddy Atlas' mental commentary when that happened?

Comment

How long did Butler serve in prison?

Edit to ask "how long did he serve for the Grant incident?"

He's now serving something like 29 years for the Kellerman murder.
                Last edited by taansend; 12-01-2012, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  How long did Butler serve in prison?

Edit to ask "how long did he serve for the Grant incident?"

He's now serving something like 29 years for the Kellerman murder.
                  dude it stands on Butler's wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Butler_(boxer)
                  google is your friend also.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    Remember Teddy Atlas' mental commentary when that happened?
                    I thought Teddy was going in there to tear his ass up. Didn't it happen a tribute for 9/11 cops and fire fighters? the place was just loaded with cops. you knew Butler was nuts right then.

It's too bad about Sam Kellerman though. Just trying to be a good guy and now look?

Comment

Working...
                    X