No announcement yet.

How come no spanish announcer at HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come no spanish announcer at HBO

Wouldn't it make sense to have someone that speaks Spanish and is from a Spanish culture as an announcers specially in a sport like boxing?

I never pressed the SAP button. I read somewhere HBO does have Hispanic announcers during a PPV fight and you can listen to them by pressing the SAP button in your remote control. I think HBO and Showtime don't offer SAP selection when it is a non-PPV fight. I think it cost too much money to have 6 announcers for one fight especially for a non-PPV match too.

Local promoters do. I know Top Rank has one but it is sort of stupid because you can only get them online not from your t.v. Unless Top Rank or GBP did their own PPV match without a major network backing them.

Comment

sap button works on ppv and regular fights, and top rank boxing is always in spanish on fox deportes

Comment

they have their own hbo latino channel. everything is dubbed in spanish, the commentators though i think are there for a live fight.

Comment

I meant a spanish guy sitting next to Roy Jones Larry, lampley, etc someone that speaks spanish you know. Im not asking for it all to be in spanish but why not have a latino guy on the regular english broadcast hopefully one that can translate because those translators they have suck a$$

Comment

great thread five stars bump

Comment

They have two guys in HBO Latino. They actually translate what the crew in English is saying. I dont like it at all.

Jerry Olaya does an ok job. He is not going to translate all correctly, specially after fights interview.

Comment

omg i know theres boxing in spanish thats not my point. my point is why do they need three old white guys a young white guy and some random guy why cant one of them be hispanic in the main hbo broadcasts that we get on the ppv. that way they dont need a translator when a fighter only speaks spanish and also a hispanic guy since hispanics are a big part of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sifo Dyas View Post
                  omg i know theres boxing in spanish thats not my point. my point is why do they need three old white guys a young white guy and some random guy why cant one of them be hispanic in the main hbo broadcasts that we get on the ppv. that way they dont need a translator when a fighter only speaks spanish and also a hispanic guy since hispanics are a big part of boxing.
                  Hispanics might be part of the product but the main consumer is not hispanic. Unless there is another guy like ODLH who was appealing to many ethnicity I doubt it happens in the near future.

Comment

TV/Hollywood isn't friendly to Latinos...there are some out there but most of them have to sell out to be accepted...but could you imagine a spanish anouncer just like the soccer ones...Knnnnnnnnnnnnnnockouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!

Comment

Working...
                    X