Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou Dibella "Guardedly Optimistic" About Pacquiao-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

martinez-macklin? huh? why not pirog .. sheesh. i don't think pac/floyd fights have much chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      In the espn article about floyd /ortiz doing 1.25 mil it said showtime didn't release the official numbers yet. Is that a lie?

When we had this discussion last you pointed to an espn article where bob said 1.3 mil. So I'm just checking to make sure since espn is your preferred source.

But this discussion belongs in another thread so feel free to respond there.
      Dan Rafael:
      "Official numbers never released but it is about 1.25."

so dan rafael is a credible source pertaining to mayweather, but not to pacquiao....hmmm....

pac mosley did 1.25-1.3 million and its a fact

Comment

In the espn article about floyd /ortiz doing 1.25 mil it said showtime didn't release the official numbers yet. Is that a lie?
        I'll make it simple for you, let's do a scavenger hunt. If you can tell me the difference between these official releases of major HBO PPVs from the last 3 calendar years:

Mayweather-Marquez (6 days after the fight)

Pacquiao-Cotto (7 days after the fight)

Pacquiao-Clottey (10 days after the fight)

Mayweather-Mosley (10 days after the fight)

Pacquiao-Margarito (10 days after the fight)

And this 'official' release:

Mayweather-Ortiz (1 month and 11 days after the fight)

You get 1 million points, on the house. And by difference, I don't mean the fact that the last was released 1 and 1/2 months after the fight while the others within a week to 10 days of the contest.

Happy hunting

Comment

Come on, Dunn. You can do this. It's not as tough as it seems. I want you to get those million points buddy. I'll give you a hint. Look at the first paragraph or two of each release, and look for the phrase '_______ released the figures' or '_____ announced'. It's staring you right in the face.
          Last edited by ThePrince; 11-01-2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Team Martinez is compose of clowns. What had happened to the
            "big announcement" Dibella and Martinez had been proclaiming just
            a few days ago? Martinez even confirmed that they're in an advanced
            negotiations with Mayweather. Either Floyd backed out or Team Clown
            were duped into thinking it was real.

Comment

there's no shortage of clowns in the boxing world. part of it is turning into scripted wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                I'll make it simple for you, let's do a scavenger hunt. If you can tell me the difference between these official releases of major HBO PPVs from the last 3 calendar years:

Mayweather-Marquez (6 days after the fight)

Pacquiao-Cotto (7 days after the fight)

Pacquiao-Clottey (10 days after the fight)

Mayweather-Mosley (10 days after the fight)

Pacquiao-Margarito (10 days after the fight)

And this 'official' release:

Mayweather-Ortiz (1 month and 11 days after the fight)

You get 1 million points, on the house. And by difference, I don't mean the fact that the last was released 1 and 1/2 months after the fight while the others within a week to 10 days of the contest.

Happy hunting
                Has Showtime officially released the ppv numbers for mosley/pac? I have not seen one source, credible or not credible, that indicates they have. You still wont answer the question posed to you.

Comment

Has Showtime officially released the ppv numbers for mosley/pac? I have not seen one source, credible or not credible, that indicates they have. You still wont answer the question posed to you.
                  no they didnt, but it still did 1.25-1.3 million.

Comment

Working...
                  X