Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wladimir be warned more for holding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    He didn't hold much against Wach (For his standards) mainly because Wach was a standing punching bag.

But I noticed Wladimir excessively holds and clinches against the vast majority of his opponents. He never even got warned since the Peter I fight.

I just watched a lot of Lewis fights, Ward fights, Mayweather fights.
    I can't help but notice the refs in America and refs in England tend to break up the holding and warn fighters regarding excessive holding.

Lewis- Tyson. Lennox got a point taken away. Etc.

I honestly feel that holding is part of Wladimir's comfort zone. If you take that away, you take away a huge part of what makes him comfortable as a fighter. This is vital. Imagine David Haye fighting Wlad on the inside. Maybe Wlad will freak out and go into panic mode.

I'm not saying Wlad should get DQED but at least some warning?
    I haven't seen Wlad warned once. He was only warned against Samuel Peter I in the United States.

And what a concidence? He was floored multiple times in that fight and looked extremely shaky.
    What he does is smart because he gets away with it. When someone comes on the inside, he leans or pushes down on them, that's why Haye kept falling. Its designed to protect him from inside fighting and wear out his opponent. Maybe he's only getting away with it in Germany, I don't know, I need to look at his old fights here in the states and see if he did it back then too. Muhammad Ali used to hold behind the neck a lot and push down. They stopped letting fighters do that, but for some reason Wlad gets away with it. Take that from him and put a good fighter in there, and I'm sure it would make the fight much more difficult for Wlad.

Comment

Working...
    X