Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zab Judah vs. Lucas Matthysse: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    I slightly favor him.

1. Hes a legitimate 140 pounder who won't roll over for Zab.

2. Zab hasn't fought at 140 in 8 years. If hes taken into deep waters, will making weight affect him?

3. His last two fight were against undersized fighters that were fought at catch weights.(141, 143, 142)

Doesn't add up to a win for me.

Zab has to jump on him early and go for the quick knock out.

Yeah, I got Lucas stopping him late.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Fair enough. Do you think the step up in class will play a role.

Comment

How much credit does Lucas Matthysse deserve if he wins? I think he deserves alot after how great Zab Judah looked in his last fight. I mean I personally favor Zab Judah in this fight, but **** this is boxing. It doesn't always go the way your prediction is!

I mean I think its totally bogus if people start claiming Zab's shot to pieces if he ended up losing. I mean by this poll, most believe Zab will win!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        Who do you think will win this one?

Discuss.

Judah via left uppercut.

Comment

Judah by early ko.he looked damn good in his return to 140,i expect big thing's from him.

Comment

I just don't believe in Zab anymore. He certainly should win as he brings every possible advantage into the ring except maybe power. Still, how many fights has he lost that he should have won? He's a natural born ****-up, and for that reason alone I'm leaning towards him getting knocked out in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
              I just don't believe in Zab anymore. He certainly should win as he brings every possible advantage into the ring except maybe power. Still, how many fights has he lost that he should have won? He's a natural born ****-up, and for that reason alone I'm leaning towards him getting knocked out in the later rounds.
              The Mayweather and Cotto fights weren't terrible losses. But he lost to Baldy and Spinks, two fights I thought he should have won.

Comment

As much as I like to watch Zab Judah fail over and over and over again, I was watching this Lucas guy on youtube today and he doesn't seem very good.

Judah SHOULD win.

But he does have a glass jaw, overrated skills, no heart and no stamina, so Mathysse has a shot.

Comment

If you can believe Judah saying he's focused now, I see him being toooo much for Mattysse.
                  Way to much speed, power and experience.... KO or stoppage within 5.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                    As much as I like to watch Zab Judah fail over and over and over again, I was watching this Lucas guy on youtube today and he doesn't seem very good.

Judah SHOULD win.

But he does have a glass jaw, overrated skills, no heart and no stamina, so Mathysse has a shot.
                    Judah has a GLASS JAW? are you serious..... If you're referring to that KZ shot, not many guys got hit by KZ the way he hit Zab and stood up to it. Judah can def take a shot dude, gotta give him some credit.
                    But if it goes beyond 5 or 6, I don't know.

Comment

My head says Matts,my heart says Judah..I'm going with Judah,but like other fights taking place on that night(JML vs R.Marquez)it's a toss up..If I had to choose I would go with Judah..I think it might be Judah's homecoming...
                      Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 11-04-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X