Facing Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing Ali

Has anyone seen this documentary yet?

Is it any good? I bought it on DVD yesterday, gonna watch it tonight. Looks really cool. I guess it's like the title implies, about what it's like to fight Muhammad Ali from the point of view of some of his opponents.

Geez, I wonder if Joe Frazier still wants to kick Ali into the Olympic fire?

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post

Is it any good? I bought it on DVD yesterday, gonna watch it tonight. Looks really cool. I guess it's like the title implies, about what it's like to fight Muhammad Ali from the point of view of some of his opponents.

I thought it was excellent. Definitely worth buying and watching. Includes interesting comments from the late Henry Cooper. Frazier's heart seems to have softened considerably towards Ali but I'll let you judge for yourself lol.

Comment

DAMN would have loved to hear Listons opinion

Comment

yeah, i recently rewatched it before the summer began, excellent documentary.

Comment

I have it. It's certainly worth watching, but I remember thinking that it could have been better. It seemed a little disjointed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
            Sonny didn't offer too many opinions when he was alive. And many of the ones he did were unprintable. Liston was always uncomfortable in those type of settings.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post

My favorite Ali moment was when television star Bert Newton called Ali "Boy", and poor Bert had no idea that the remark was offensive, but it was in Australia a long time ago. Ali handled the situation well, he just explained to Bert what Boy meant to his people. Man it made for great television.

Comment

I meant to get this a while back, i thought it was a book tho! Let me know what u think mate, i need some new boxing material...

Comment

I've seen that documentary. It's definitely worth watching I think.

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                  He'd probably just blankly stare at the camera crew until they felt uncomfortable and left him alone.

Comment

I haven't seen the documentary, but I've read a book with the same title. The book is great. I'll have to check out the documentary later.

Comment

Working...
                    X