No announcement yet.

If the Klitschkos Fought in the 90s.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    bowe is probably the single worst stylistic matchup you could find for either klitschko (wlad in particular) in the history of boxing. i would bet my ballsack bowe knocks wladimir out and he would probably knock vitali out too, beat him for sure.
    never bet your ballsack on a boxing match dude ... but yeah I agree that prime bowe probably beats both ... though the most likely scenario is him dumping his belt in the garbage rather than fight them

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Mike Tyson would knock out both K brothers inside of a few rounds.
      Sure. The Klitchkos are nowhere near as good as Tony Tucker or Bonecrusher Smith, right?

Comment

The thing about the 90s is that the mid-level guys were just as dangerous as the topteir Heavyweights.

Guys like Buster Douglass, Oliver Mccall, Tommy Morrison, Ike Ibeabucci and Ross Puritty could beat you on any given night.

Comment

I don't think either brother would be anything more than top 10 HWT's. They'd eventually get title shots because you could sell it like holmes/cooney. But I don't think either would be more than a contender.

Comment

Lewis, Bowe pre 97 Tyson, would all spark them. Ike Ibeabuchi would have beaten them too.

Comment

They're good fighters but I'd say their biggest asset is size. They use it to their best advantage. But, in a way they are underachievers because they don't really use a lot of tools. It always seems to be keep a guy at bay with the jab and perhaps set up a knockout punch when the opportunity presents itself every fight. It just makes them very uninteresting because of their predictability, safety-first style, and limited punch selection. I can't really knock them but it's kinda hard to give them immense praise.

IMO they'd have a bit of success with the best of the '90's if they happened to be in contention a little earlier. However, I doubt very seriously they'd come out on top. I don't believe they'd have walked over Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, Foreman, or Ruddock. I know it's besides the point but they would not have beaten a prime Holmes had they fought in the '80's, either...

Comment

One guy who Wlad would get torn apart by who hasn't been mentioned yet is Corrie Sanders.

As for the Bowe-Vitali matchup, I think Vitali would have a solid edge because of better defense and outside fighting. Bowe's defense was crap, which is why I'm not big on him.

Wlad vs. any big puncher pretty much boils down to how well he could keep away, and the answer is never very clear cut.

Comment

There were alot of guys with power in the ninties, Wlad wouldn't have done good at all. Unless he focused on cruiserweights like they do now.

Comment

He's gotten by Peter and Haye. It's not automatic that any puncher knocks him out. And he's not nearly as vulnerable now as he used to be. But, he might not be able to reach his current level of fighting if he had to come up back then.

Comment

Originally posted by messenger View Post
                      There were alot of guys with power in the ninties, Wlad wouldn't have done good at all. Unless he focused on cruiserweights like they do now.
                      Cruiserweights like Tony Thompson and Sam Peter?

Comment

Working...
                      X