No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury is Open To Giving James Toney a Beating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury is Open To Giving James Toney a Beating

Unbeaten heavyweight Tyson Fury has reacted receptively to American James Toney’s recent advances for a clash in England this year and the fight may now be a realistic option for the former Irish champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

James "My lights went dim years ago" Toney can't even beat Cruiserweights.....Fury just pounds on him.

Comment

Toney wouldn't get a British licence, he's got bad brain damage

Comment

it will be a sad day if a complete bum like fury pounds Toney

Comment

I'm saddened to see how much hate Toney gets on this board. It must be alts or a (very) young generation that doesn't know much of him.

And fury telling the public that Toney should've retired 10 years ago leaves a big question: Who's the one with brain damage, really? Because Toney beat Jirov in the fight of the year 2003 and crushed Holyfield in the same year. He's had credible wins after those big fights too.

Toney is a boxing legend. Same with Roy. You can't delete their accomplishments - they're already printed in the history books.

Comment

Is it a sad day that that "bum" is leagues ahead of any heavyweight America has, and he's only Britain's fourth best

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
              it will be a sad day if a complete bum like fury pounds Toney
              Indeed. A fat HW Toney from a few years ago would have made this kid look silly in the ring.

I'll be rooting for him, but I don't think it's going to be pretty...

Comment

Sums up Fury's HW ambition.

Comment

James Toney is one of the top ten fighters of the last 25 years, so even if he is past his prime and talking smack to try and get one more pay day by going to England to fight ths kid. We should let him get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                    I'm saddened to see how much hate Toney gets on this board. It must be alts or a (very) young generation that doesn't know much of him.

And fury telling the public that Toney should've retired 10 years ago leaves a big question: Who's the one with brain damage, really? Because Toney beat Jirov in the fight of the year 2003 and crushed Holyfield in the same year. He's had credible wins after those big fights too.

Toney is a boxing legend. Same with Roy. You can't delete their accomplishments - they're already printed in the history books.
                    I agree with your defense of Mr. Toney and his accomplishments.
                    But The problem is this.
                    Look at the heat Evander takes for simply wanting to continue.
                    Holy is one of the finest gentlemen to ever throw hands in a prize ring as well as an Olympic master.
                    Today we can see what that truly once meant.

At the time of the Jones fight I had Toney as the best P4P fighter of those past 18 months.
                    After Roy beat him James went off the rails, even pointing a gun at his manager Jackie Kallen.
                    He never emotionally recovered from that defeat and to the new generation he appears as crazy loud mouth who was recently destroyed in an MMA bout because he required the cash.
                    Toney is his own worst enemy and Tyson Fury cannot revive his once potent career.
                    To brag about a title held by Bobby Gunn, the once promising and now 40 year old toughman, is not going to make new fans run to You Tube and witness his past craft.

The recent Toney achievements you cite are still 9 years gone.
                    Many fighters never come close to glory again after 38 and James is 5 seasons removed from that age.
                    In addition, he never took great care of himself and his weight battles and incoherent statements do not spell 'Champ'.

For some, hanging around this racket too long turns you into nothing more than a circus act.
                    For a once great athlete, that is a damn shame to witness.

All the best to you and yours.

Comment

Working...
                    X