No announcement yet.

Current British Top 10 P4P.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    Good points. Magee probably does deserve to be at least level with Groves. And all three of the Super-bantam weight lads deserve an honourable mention.
    I'd throw Macklin in somewhere too. He beat Sturm in reality, so that win alone is better than anything most guys have done outside the top 4. I pretty much agree with your picks, i'd have a couple of different guys towards the bottom end of the list, and id probably swap a few others around

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      I'd throw Macklin in somewhere too. He beat Sturm in reality, so that win alone is better than anything most guys have done outside the top 4. I pretty much agree with your picks, i'd have a couple of different guys towards the bottom end of the list, and id probably swap a few others around
      I thought about Macklin & Barker but decided they both need a win against a decent opponent to crack the Ten.

Comment

Expect DeGale to break into your top 10 in a few fights time. He's off the radar, but progressing well - just wish he'd leave Warren for MatchRoom.

Comment

in no paticular order
          froch
          haye
          burns
          mitchell
          billy joe saunders
          macklin
          barker
          khan
          brook
          chisora

Comment

cant believe i forgot abt cleverly hes added how do i remove mitchell

Comment

Froch is definitely no1 in my eyes.

I'd probably have Haye/Burns 2 and 3.

I'd probably move Brook 4 because that win against Jones was massive. Whilst he wasn't impressive in the sense he out-boxed him clean for the entire 12, I think he showed (almost) a bit of everything.

After that its pretty much however you want.

Khan is definitely not in the top 5. He might be the biggest name but he is nowhere near the most accomplished fighter.

Groves hasn't fought for so long, Price has still only had 13 fights but is definitely improving. I'd have Fury ahead of him in that pecking order for now.

Macklin & Barker would push their claims if they could beat a named opponent (I know Macklin got robbed against Sturm but you know what I mean).

Same goes for Mitchell. If he beats Burns, he rockets up the list imo.

Cleverly struggles to make it imo. I just think the guy has done nothing but beat bums and get himself a world title somehow. He is one of the weakest world champs out there.

I expect Degale to push onto that list but he has to become more active. He's been wasted under Warren. I also expect BJ Saunders to cement themselves within that top 10 soon enough.

Probably a few I've missed off but oh well.

Comment

Carl Froch
                David Haye
                Ricky Burns
                Amir Khan

Kell Brook
                Nathan Cleverly
                Ola Afolabi
                Tyson Fury
                Kevin Mitchell
                Gavin Rees

Matthew Macklin
                Martin Murray
                Brian Magee
                George Groves
                Derek Chisora

That's how my top 15 P4P would look.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                  I also expect BJ Saunders to cement themselves within that top 10 soon enough.
                  He's a win away. Possibly the best of our prospects based on last few fights (not including Brook who's beyond prospect stage).

Comment

No way would I consider BJS a win away from the top 10 unless he goes out and beats Bundrage to pick up the title.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      No way would I consider BJS a win away from the top 10 unless he goes out and beats Bundrage to pick up the title.
                      Isn't Saunders at Middleweight?

I have Fury in there mainly on the basis of his win over Chisora. If Billy can beat (holds on while he checks Boxrec) aah **** it. There's no one really outside of the Murray/Barker/Macklin trio.

A fight between him & Craig McEwan would be a good bout but not enough to push either one into the UK top ten. An excellent test though & a good yardstick. McEwan not a world beater but no mug & only lost to two decent fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X