No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Heads Out To Germany To Spar With Solis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price Heads Out To Germany To Spar With Solis

British heavyweight David Price has been drafted in for sparring with Odlanier Solis ahead of the Cuban exile's heavyweight title shot.

[Click Here To Read More]

The sparring with Odlanier Solis will be very good for David Price.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      The sparring with Odlanier Solis will be very good for David Price.
      Freedom, what is your opinion on David Price ?

I have heard a little about him, but never seen him fight.

It sounds like he's got the physical attributes, but does he have the skillset ?

I know Price has a superb amateur background so he should go ok, but just wondering what you make of him as a pro? It would be exciting to have another big man with skills in the HW div, I'm not sold on Fury

Comment

Great opportunity for Price.

Hopefully he gets some more tougher competition in his upcoming fights and he still needs to answer the doubts over his chin. Would've preferred Steward taking him on over Fury, but lets hope both of them can get onto the world scene.

Comment

Propably a good sparringpartner for Solis to prepare for Klitschko. Hes as tall as Vitali, joung and undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
            Freedom, what is your opinion on David Price ?

I have heard a little about him, but never seen him fight.

It sounds like he's got the physical attributes, but does he have the skillset ?

I know Price has a superb amateur background so he should go ok, but just wondering what you make of him as a pro? It would be exciting to have another big man with skills in the HW div, I'm not sold on Fury
            I think Price will do better than Fury, if he's managed correctly. Fury lacks real athleticism.

Price has some skills and decent athleticism, but he needs pro experience. If I were his promoter, I'd keep him very active during the next year or two.

This time with Solis is the best thing that could happen to Price right now.

Comment

I think Price will do better than Fury, if he's managed correctly. Fury lacks real athleticism.

Price has some skills and decent athleticism, but he needs pro experience. If I were his promoter, I'd keep him very active during the next year or two.

I think that Fury has a better chin than Price but David has a better mindset. Tyson isn't truly living the life of an athlete at present.

I don't think either one will win a world title though although I do think there's some interesting British bouts to be made in the next few years. There have been plenty of great fights around the world not held to ransom by the alphabet crooks.

Comment

Price is a pretty decent prospect, better than Fury at least whom he's often compared to. Got stopped in the Olympics, but it was against Cammarelle who's an extremely hard puncher so I wouldn't hold that against him. Haven't seen many of his pro fights so don't know if he was rocked or dropped by anyone there. Decent skills, good jab, fights tall and has a professional mindset to the game all of which will hold him in good stead as he increases his experience.

Comment

Not enough people have picked up on Price's combinations, I think this is one of his strong points;

@1:30 of my video.

Comment

Two good points, I thought that may be the case.

Interesting, thnx for the update.

I'll try to make a point of watching his next fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X