Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Footwork and display of footwork in boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Footwork and display of footwork in boxing???

I want to watch fights and fighters that have the BEST footwork in the game!!!

Can you name me fighters with best footwork or fights that showed great display of footwork and speed???

Bernard Hopkins against Felix Trinidad and Kelly Pavlik. Hopkins is rarely out of position. He's constantly puts himself in a position where he can land, and where it's difficult for his opponent to do so.

Julio Cesar Chavez against Hector Camacho. Watch Camacho try to move and use the ring, and see how Chavez always cuts off the ring. He's not merely following Camacho, he's cutting Camacho off and putting his feet in the places where Camacho has no escape.

Comment

Im definatly checking it out, anymore fighters with Best footwork or fights with great display of footwork????

Comment

Sugar Ray Leonard had great footwork. I'm not necessarily talking about the Duran rematch or Hagler fight where he just used his legs and movement a ton, but also in the fights where he fought more flat-footed (he did this more often than the other style). He's usually in the right positions offense and defense.

Floyd Mayweather has great footwork, similarly he is in the right positions. This is because he judges distance very well. He loves the left jab to the body, and this can be a dangerous punch (see end of round 1 of Lewis-Ruddock) because the jabber leaves his head exposed. But do you ever notice how he rarely, if ever, gets hit when he throws this shot? He judges the distance well, places his feet in the right spot, and throws it at the right time where it's difficult to counter. A couple things I don't like about Floyd's footwork is he goes to the ropes a little too much for my liking, often because he goes back in straight lines to the ropes. I figure that a lot of times it's by design (Hatton KO, making opponent waste punches), but I don't think it's always the case.

Pernell Whitaker had great footwork in, well, damn near all his fights.

Manny Pacquiao has some of the fastest feet I've ever seen. And he uses them well to slide in and out of position. Once of my favorite sequences was against Cotto. He avoids the left hand and goes so quickly to his right, and gets in position to launch that combo which lands around and between Cotto's guard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FEoDH90oc#t=16m
        Last edited by Thread Stealer; 01-20-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

PBF in pretty much all his fights

Comment

floyd.......................fully displayed......................in avoiding cotto............marg and pacquiao..........................LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chew BackAtacha View Post
              PBF in pretty much all his fights
              That's not true,his balance was horrible in the 1st third of the Judah fight.But as soon as Judah did his trademark special,(get tired after 4),it was business as usual for Floyd.

Comment

SRR and Ali ofcourse..that is if you want to see the best footwork

Comment

SRL Vs Duran II
                  Manny Vs Margarito
                  Pavlik Vs Martinez
                  Pernell Vs Chavez (yeah the fight where he got robbed)

Just off the top of the dome by the way!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X