Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Richardson View Post
    matthysse vs sergio martinez
    Sergio has rehydrated to 165 at middleweight. Only a 2 pound difference. Fuck Matthyse vs Maidana. Matthyse vs Martinez is the Argentinian megafight.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-27-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Rumor has it that Matthysse actually has to cut off his balls prior to every fight to make the 140lbs limit.

If he didn't he'd be fighting as a Cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        I personally think Showtime either made a typo or didnt know how to use a scale.

For a fighter to go up 25 pounds in 1 night, which was 18.1% of Lucas' weight is unlikely, almost impossible i would think without terrible consequences. If that is really true, i would think it was caused by "unnatural" means. I have I have never heard of a boxer gaining 25 pounds over night, especially a fighter who has never had trouble with weight, and then looking the same as always
        U seriously believe that???

Comment

Chavez Jr. looks like crap at the weigh-ins and has made a habit of rehydrating to 180. Matthysse looked normal at the weigh-in and I've never heard about him weighing this much before. There's been no indication in his performances that he's weight-drained, which is why I don't have a problem with it. Chavez is fighting at MW to mask his deficiencies while Matthysse has improved his game.

Comment

It's possible he had 5 pounds of clothes on. That leaves 20 pounds. If Gatti can do it, so can Matthyse.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Chavez Jr. looks like crap at the weigh-ins and has made a habit of rehydrating to 180. Matthysse looked normal at the weigh-in and I've never heard about him weighing this much before. There's been no indication in his performances that he's weight-drained, which is why I don't have a problem with it. Chavez is fighting at MW to mask his deficiencies while Matthysse has improved his game.
              It's impossible to know how it affected his performance because it was less than a round. The weigh drain damage is usually seen in the later rounds.

Likely this was the first time though.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                U seriously believe that???
                Which part exactly?

I never criticize fighters for rehydrating as much as they want, its part of the sport. i just find it very very hard for any fighter to rehydrate 25 pound, let alone a small guy weighing 138, gaining 18.1% of his weight over night

I believe showtime didnt know how to use a scale or it was off

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  It's impossible to know how it affected his performance because it was less than a round. The weigh drain damage is usually seen in the later rounds.

Likely this was the first time though.
                  While this is true, I'm making the assumption that this isn't the first time he's rehydrated this much. If he's done this before, then it hasn't showed. A guy who's weight-drained shouldn't be improving like he has. I guess we're gonna have to wait for the drug tests.

Comment

While this is true, I'm making the assumption that this isn't the first time he's rehydrated this much. If he's done this before, then it hasn't showed. A guy who's weight-drained shouldn't be improving like he has. I guess we're gonna have to wait for the drug tests.
                    He hasnt done it before, he usually weighs 150-153

Comment

GTFOH........just admit it's okay for Lucas to re hydrate 20 plus pounds because you like him and it's not okay for Jr to do it cuz you don't like him

Comment

Working...
                      X