No announcement yet.

WTF Hopkins vs. Pascal is going to HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Hopkins vs. Pascal is going to HBO PPV

@danrafaelespn For those talking about @therealbhop-Chad Dawson 10/15 on HBO. Not quite. Likely to be HBO PPV (sick as it is) because HBO budget tapped. about an hour ago

I cant imagine this selling, who's the draw? Hopkins i guess but he cant draw on his own he needs someone opposite him and Dawson doesnt have fans.

Comment

doubt it...

Comment

Its definitely a PPV quality fight, the 2 best light heavyweights in the world going at it. You mother****ers are just too cheap :weedbear:

Comment

if that is true that is insane. 4 PPV's 4 months in a row?

floyd ortiz- sept

hopkins vs dawson- oct

pac-marquez- nov

cotto vs marg dec

i have never seen 4 major PPV's lined up in consecutive months like this, that is fuc*ing crazy

Comment

It actually saves HBO money putting the fight on PPV doesn't it? Their piece of the PPV will cover the wages for the commentators etc and they don't have to pay the fighters because the fighters money comes from the PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
              Its definitely a PPV quality fight, the 2 best light heavyweights in the world going at it. You mother****ers are just too cheap :weedbear:

would you order it?

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                would you order it?
                hahaha wrong person to ask that question too. Thats like asking you if you'd order a Canelo PPV haha B-Hop is my favorite fighter. Def wanna order it.
                Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 06-25-2011, 02:44 AM. Reason: e

Comment

One of the best matchups that can be made in boxing, hopefully it translates to a good fight.

Not the best scenario, but Hopkins last 2 fights have had good performances as far as ratings, if this fight can pull in close to or over 250K, it'll be a success. B-Hop brings in good ratings, but doesn't come cheap (last I heard $3-5M per fight).

HBO is put into a position where he drains their budget and has to go on PPV to save money for other dates.

Comment

What bull****. Cancel Andre Berto's return to put this on instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X