No announcement yet.

Favorite Childhood Memories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Childhood Memories

I'm talking primarily pre-teen years here; but whatever makes you smile when you think back to simpler days.

For me, one of many is every Sunday when my Uncle and his family would join our family and my Grampy and Granny's house in the country and all of us kids would play. One of the highlights for me was when my Dad and Uncle would pull out their old guitars, sit on the harth and chair next to it and pick a little. They were in a band in the mid to late 50's and both were accomplished guitar players and okay singers. My cousin, who was closest to me in age and I would be given the job of playing the spoons as Dad and Unc played everything from spirituals to country to early rock-n-roll; songs like "Memphis", "Big Boss Man", "Don't Be Angry", and "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" among many others.

I know this is dating myself and a bit nostalgic; but once those days are gone and you're so caught up in the rigors of everyday life, those times seem so far away.....but they're always with you, if you take time to remember them.

What are some of your favorite memories as a kid...before you met a thing called "The Cold Cruel World"?

I remember when...

Originally posted by K-DOGG
    I'm talking primarily pre-teen years here; but whatever makes you smile when you think back to simpler days.

For me, one of many is every Sunday when my Uncle and his family would join our family and my Grampy and Granny's house in the country and all of us kids would play. One of the highlights for me was when my Dad and Uncle would pull out their old guitars, sit on the harth and chair next to it and pick a little. They were in a band in the mid to late 50's and both were accomplished guitar players and okay singers. My cousin, who was closest to me in age and I would be given the job of playing the spoons as Dad and Unc played everything from spirituals to country to early rock-n-roll; songs like "Memphis", "Big Boss Man", "Don't Be Angry", and "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" among many others.

I know this is dating myself and a bit nostalgic; but once those days are gone and you're so caught up in the rigors of everyday life, those times seem so far away.....but they're always with you, if you take time to remember them.

What are some of your favorite memories as a kid...before you met a thing called "The Cold Cruel World"?
    I was in Kindergarden and this girl one street over was in 1st grade..her dad, a cop, made her a fort. In that fort I did her...I was 5 years old....everything changed for me from that day on....

Comment

Originally posted by The Coagulator
      I was in Kindergarden and this girl one street over was in 1st grade..her dad, a cop, made her a fort. In that fort I did her...I was 5 years old....everything changed for me from that day on....
      LOL!! Damm, I led a sheltered life. I wanted the girl next door...but never got her, damn it. ...although she did flash me when we were about 6. I was too in shock and ignorant at the time to do anything but stand there with my mouth gaping wide open as she closed her bath robe and turned to walk away; but...I was forever trying to get another, longer glimpse after that....got a few; but never enough.

Well, just as well, I know how big a controling pain in the ass she turned out to be, so...dodged a bullet, there.

Comment

lol! there weren't too too many, so they are easy to remember.

Comment

Dude...

LOL!! Damm, I led a sheltered life. I wanted the girl next door...but never got her, damn it. ...although she did flash me when we were about 6. I was too in shock and ignorant at the time to do anything but stand there with my mouth gaping wide open as she closed her bath robe and turned to walk away; but...I was forever trying to get another, longer glimpse after that....got a few; but never enough.

Well, just as well, I know how big a controling pain in the ass she turned out to be, so...dodged a bullet, there.
          it was kinda one of those you show me your, Ill show you mine, and of course I had a 5y/o boner...then we realized hey, this thing would fit in there and next thing you know were doin it...there was no "ending"...we were 5...we stopped when we got out of breath and sweaty...LOL...then I was celebet for 12 years...quite a stretch in between.LOL

Comment

so then lets hear them...

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
            lol! there weren't too too many, so they are easy to remember.

isnt that what you wantd us to do...your last post was very leading young lady....

Comment

I loved our Christmas tradition. It was always a GREAT time.

My parents divorced when I was very young and my father lived in CT while we lived with our mom in FL. We generally got to visit him a couple of weeks over the summer. I LOVED those summers! The were just for FUN. He moved around alot when we were young so it was always something to look forward to - where he would be living. All his places were cool. My very favorite was this great house where the whole basement was converted to an entertainment room. It had everything! The best features were the bar and big screen TV. Before we came, he would stock it with all our favorite snacks & drinks and rent or buy all our favorite movies. That was also the one and only year (when we were young) that my mom let us celebrate CHristmas with him. It was awesome we had all the christmas kid classics on VHS. We went carroling on a horse drawn carriage and were invited in for hot chocolate and cookies just like the movies. I never had a white Christmas before. It was awesome!

Memories of going to DIsney WOrld always brings gives me warm feelings.

Also, I loved building blanket tents on our furniture with my brothers and inventing games to play in the pool and on the trampoline. good times.

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
                I loved our Christmas tradition. It was always a GREAT time.

My parents divorced when I was very young and my father lived in CT while we lived with our mom in FL. We generally got to visit him a couple of weeks over the summer. I LOVED those summers! The were just for FUN. He moved around alot when we were young so it was always something to look forward to - where he would be living. All his places were cool. My very favorite was this great house where the whole basement was converted to an entertainment room. It had everything! The best features were the bar and big screen TV. Before we came, he would stock it with all our favorite snacks & drinks and rent or buy all our favorite movies. That was also the one and only year (when we were young) that my mom let us celebrate CHristmas with him. It was awesome we had all the christmas kid classics on VHS. We went carroling on a horse drawn carriage and were invited in for hot chocolate and cookies just like the movies. I never had a white Christmas before. It was awesome!

Memories of going to DIsney WOrld always brings gives me warm feelings.

Also, I loved building blanket tents on our furniture with my brothers and inventing games to play in the pool and on the trampoline. good times.
                Good stuff.

Comment

Probably playing "house" with my moms friends daughter that was like 3 years older than me......I did not know where to stick it but it sure felt good.I used to get that orgasmic throb but nothing would come out.

Comment

I totally...

Originally posted by RAESAAD
                    Probably playing "house" with my moms friends daughter that was like 3 years older than me......I did not know where to stick it but it sure felt good.I used to get that orgasmic throb but nothing would come out.
                    know how you feel...lmao

Comment

Working...
                    X