Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympics Judo Star "The Colossus" On UFC:"It's A Sport Where There Is No Moral Value"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    It's cool, MMA already has enough Olympians...
    ehhhh.... some olympians. as in they were on a team. few actual medalists.

most were washed up by the time they tried mma. some just came to pick up checks in fixed fights in japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Misty K View Post
      tbf to brock, he did have high school/college wrestling background not just pro/fake wrestling.

and it's not unusual that judokas take this view.

judo was created to be a cleaner, safer more sport oriented discipline.
      Brock was a NCAA Div 1 champion, pretty impressive amateur wrestling creds. PS. My avatar is Womens MMA champ and Olympic medalist in Judo Ronda Rousey...

Comment

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu isn't a martial art? Interesting...
        bjj needs to be made an olympic sport.

maybe use the judo federation.

call it kosen judo.

judo can have kodokan and kosen events.

Comment

Brock was a NCAA Div 1 champion, pretty impressive amateur wrestling creds. PS. My avatar is Womens MMA champ and Olympic medalist in Judo Ronda Rousey...
          yeah brock wasnt no joke.

a physical specimen with elite college wrestling skills.

people act like it's a freak show like some of the jap shows.

and tbh i enjoy those jap mma freak show events.

like when fujita ktfo that egyptian judo gold medalist. hehehe

KAZUYUKI!!!! FUJITA!!!!!

Comment

and that ronda rousey chick needs to fight kyra gracie.

judo vs. bjj

in bikinis.

in a jello pit.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              I whole heartedly agree with the guy. He's a true discipline of martial arts, its more than just the metaphysical. If someone like Brock Lesnar can be called a martial artist and have a championship title fight with 3 professional fights then I should be able to call myself a boxer since I've spent many hours shadowboxing in the showers and my bedroom .
              Actually Brock Lesnar was a NCAA Division 1 Champion wrestler

Comment

fu** lesnar

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
                  6 ft 8 in / 295 lb, 23 years old "The Colossus"

Teddy Riner, considered by many as the best judoka on earth and the favorite to win the Gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics, Judo is Huge in France and he gave his opinion on the UFC & MMA in a French paper:

On the UFC:
                  "It is a sport where there is no moral value. The rules are basic: Do not strike in the eyes and genitals ... It's the least we can require, right? I have two nephews and a niece, and I mainly did not want to see them fight like that. When there are violent sports on TV, it's simple, I zap! "

On MMA:
                  "Fighting in a cage doesn't appeal to me," said the Frenchman, adding that MMA lacks the traditional respect in a martial art and promotes brutal attacks not allowed in judo. "There is no moral code in MMA. I am a warrior on the tatami, but you always have to respect your opponent."

For information, Teddy has received numerous contract offers to fight in Japan since he's 18-year-old, but he always turned them down. He was offered to fight Satoshi Ishii in 2009.

http://www.lemonde.fr/jeux-olympique...8_1616891.html
                  http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blog...an-option.html

Teddy Riner:
                  -> Competes in the +100 kg division (220lb+)
                  -> 23-year-old
                  -> 6 ft 8 in / 295 lb
                  -> Won Olympic Bronze at 19-year-old (2008 Beijing)
                  -> 5-time World Champion: 2007 Rio de Janeiro/2008 Levallois-Perret/2009 Rotterdam/2010 Tokyo/2011 Paris
                  -> 2-time European Champion: 2007 Belgrade/2011 Istanbul

And he doesn't need MMA with all the endorsements he gets from Adidas, Gatorade, etc., and judokas are paid, here are the numbers concerning Teddy: He signed a 4-year/336 000euros contract in 2009 with Levallois Sporting Judo Club (7 000euros per month). He was offered 10 000euros per month from Lagardère Paris Racing Judo Club but he refused. He made 300 000euros in 2009 alone for the Beijing Olympics. He also got paid 1 million euros in 2011..... So no Dana you will not get him, and he will not be the next Beast of the UFC, sorry.

http://www.leparisien.fr/abo-sports/...009-555018.php
                  He's right....

Comment

Originally posted by Misty K View Post
                    and that ronda rousey chick needs to fight kyra gracie.

judo vs. bjj

in bikinis.

in a jello pit.
                    That I can get on board with. It should also be noted that the IJF changed the rules to stop wrestlers from winning all their competitions...

Comment

That I can get on board with. It should also be noted that the IJF changed the rules to stop wrestlers from winning all their competitions...
                      they always change it around.

1st rules changed was anti-bjj.

then i remember when the muay thai/kickboxers learned basic grappling and use to crack skulls with elbows. they were dominant for a bit.

i miss the vale tudo days. i think only thing illegal ufc1 was eye gouging and fishhooking.

Comment

Working...
                      X