Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mavs coach calls his own team, soft.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Mavs coach calls his own team, soft.

NEW ORLEANS -- Frustrated after watching his team bungle a 10-point advantage heading into the fourth quarter and then spit up a seven-point lead with 1:13 to go courtesy of multiple errors, Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle pulled no punches, and perhaps even dropped one on his club below the belt.

"Soft," Carlisle said of his team after a disappointing 93-92 loss to a slumping New Orleans Hornets team that kept pushing even without its concussed floor leader, Chris Paul.

Who said that? I'm not soft, not me. I don't know where that comes from, but we ain't soft. We have to see how he meant soft in that aspect, but I know he wasn't talking to me personally or any of my teammates because I don't think none of these guys are soft.
    ” -- Mavericks guard Jason Terry

"Yeah," the coach reiterated, "soft."

That description touched a nerve in an otherwise quiet Mavs locker room, which was likely Carlisle's intent after a second loss in three games in which Dallas blew double-digit, second-half leads.

The Mavericks have a half-game lead on the Los Angeles Lakers for the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference heading into Thursday's home game against the New York Knicks.

"I wouldn't go that far," said center Tyson Chandler, who returned from a sprained right ankle and recorded his 17th double-double with 16 points and 13 rebounds. His only blemish was clanking two free throws with 17.7 seconds left that kept the Mavericks' margin at two, 92-90.

"Who said that?" Jason Terry said, scoffing at the accusation after he had an off night -- rare for him of late -- with 10 points. "I'm not soft, not me. I don't know where that comes from, but we ain't soft. We have to see how he meant soft in that aspect, but I know he wasn't talking to me personally or any of my teammates because I don't think none of these guys are soft."

What chafed Carlisle was a rebounding total that had the Mavs on the wrong end, 44-31, and a devastating 24-11 deficit in the second half that included no offensive boards, meaning no second possessions, not a single tip-in or tip-out. Although Chandler secured 13 rebounds, the other nine who played totaled 18.

"I think we've just got to be tougher," Carlisle said quietly. "Got to be tougher."

ESPN

dont worry Carlisle...the big bad Lakers are coming on Saturday...we'll see how tough your team really is

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      dont worry Carlisle...the big bad Lakers are coming on Saturday...we'll see how tough your team really is
      dirk's game makes pau look like karl malone.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        dirk's game makes pau look like karl malone.

dude i dont even know how im gonna pull that off on saturday...i wanna make make it a bar game but the Martinez fight is on...i wonder if the bartender at Plush will let me hold the controller

Comment

dude i dont even know how im gonna pull that off on saturday...i wanna make make it a bar game but the Martinez fight is on...i wonder if the bartender at Plush will let me hold the controller
          **** the martinez fight.

tivo that ****.

Comment

If anyone in this team is soft, its Kidd. He rarely drives anymore he is just content with staying behind the three point line.

If Barea and Roddy had gotten his minutes, this would have been a blowout.

I mean come on, Roddy with 9 points in 12 minutes and Barea with 12 in 19 minutes. Then you got Kidd with 3 points in 34 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              **** the martinez fight.

tivo that ****.

i was thinking that...been a while since the Lakers played on a Saturday night

Comment

i was thinking that...been a while since the Lakers played on a Saturday night
                serge-dzin is gonna be a crap fight anyway i think.

just watch it the next day.

Comment

Not the first time a coach or player called out their own team. Not sure if will help the Mav's but every coach/player should call out their team from time to time.

Comment

Atleast they ain't taking bout' practice.

Comment

Working...
                    X