Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I'm Going To Kick Bernard Hopkins' Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I'm Going To Kick Bernard Hopkins' Ass!

WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (25-0-1, 23KOs) has promised to take no prisoners on November 8th, when he faces 49-year-old veteran and WBA/IBF champion, Bernard Hopkins (55-6-2, 32KOs). The HBO televised fight takes place on November 8th from the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Hopkins has derailed several undefeated, young fighters - most notably Kelly Pavlik and Felix Trinidad. Kovalev is looking to end the incredible run of Hopkins once and for all.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Doubt it. Made me chuckle however

Comment

well then .

Comment

Kovalev can't go into this fight with a "I'm fighting Bernard Hopkins" attitude.

He needs to go in with a "I'm fighting a 50 year old man and I'm going to wreck him" attitude.

You show Hopkins respect, and he finds a way to snatch the fight from you.

Comment

Well he's got the right mindset. Kovalev can't back off. He's has to attack Bhop and push the pace.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Kovalev can't go into this fight with a "I'm fighting Bernard Hopkins" attitude.

He needs to go in with a "I'm fighting a 50 year old man and I'm going to wreck him" attitude.

You show Hopkins respect, and he finds a way to snatch the fight from you.
              Yea, the Maidana attitude could work. I liked the advice of Hopkins' former trainer, who said to hit him in the arms, shoulders, body and anywhere else. If Kovalev's power is the real thing, a well-placed hard punch anywhere might be enough to get things going.

Then again, Pavlik and Cloud were hard punchers and they couldn't even get close enough to do shit.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Yea, the Maidana attitude could work. I liked the advice of Hopkins' former trainer, who said to hit him in the arms, shoulders, body and anywhere else. If Kovalev's power is the real thing, a well-placed hard punch anywhere might be enough to get things going.

Then again, Pavlik and Cloud were hard punchers and they couldn't even get close enough to do shit.
                Cloud is just bad. No passion. Methodical happy to be there crap.

Pavlik had a host of issues out of the ring. Plus the weight at 170. His feet were so slow. Like Angulo slow for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

Pavlik was a middleweight. Cloud is mediocre.

Comment

Hoping against hope that this isn't yet another BHop grab N' hold fest. Would really be great if Kov was able to shake things up. Dawson had BHop's number.... but Kov isn't the boxer Dawson is.

Comment

Working...
                    X