Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo to big for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelo is too big to fight Floyd at his natural/best weight....at 154 he's bigger but not TOO big imo

Comment

He's significantly bigger but I still see Floyd beating him if they fight in the near future so no, he's not TOO big.

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
      is a Jr middleweight too big for a Jr middleweight champion?
      Pac won a jr middleweight belt (at a catchweight of 151) turned down Foreman because he was 'too big' and refused to fight Cotto above 150.

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Canelo is not too big for May
      May will fight him because of the money involved
      Canelo is 5'9" and he isnt too big
      Oscar is lsited as 5'10" not too big for floyd
      but Martinez who is listed as 5'10" (but is more like 5'9" I met the dude) is "a MW " so even though we have weight classes and Sergio can make 154 Fraud still wont fight him
      How do you know he can make 154? We're talking about a 37 yr old, post-knee surgery Martinez. You think he can go down to a weight he hasn't made in 3 years and still be healthy?

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
      Floyd cannot handle canelo because floyd only fights guys he knows he can handle
      As opposed to Canelo who's fighting killers.
      Last edited by Light_Speed; 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Absolutely not. In fact I believe ginger is the only jr middleweight that Floyd would fight.

Comment

dont know about to big...but he is to tough for Mayweather and to good for Mayweather

Comment

Yeah unless you have balls of steel.

Comment

No, surely when your talking 'Mayweather level skill' i dont think it would be too much an issue, unless his opponent was dramatically bigger.

Comment

I don't think he's too big and I think Mayweather knows he will win this one. I think the issue with mayweather is that he doesn't like taking punishment (who does right?), and 12 rounds with the heavier canelo will definitely have it's moments of thudding body shots and maybe some hard hits to Money May's noggin.
                Last edited by hhwff3000; 02-20-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  is a Jr middleweight too big for a Jr middleweight champion?

no.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Too good maybe, but too big, no i wouldnt put it like that. If SSM can fight Canelo, why cant floyd try it? It maybe a bit of a challenge, but why not challenge yourself a little bit while your in the sport and supposedd to be one of the best boxers in the world.?

Canelo isnt superior to Floyd, but Canelo maybe too good an opponent for Floyd to dare fight is a better way of putting it. Floyd underestimates himself and has little man syndrome, he feels inferior to everyone, no matter what Floyd says.
                  Thats why floyd says a lot of the stuff he says, cos of inferiority complex. Like he knows no one thinks hes the GOAT, so he has to self proclaim it, cos no one else is gonna do it for him.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 02-20-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Too good maybe, but too big, no i wouldnt put it like that. If SSM can fight Canelo, why cant floyd try it? It maybe a bit of a challenge, but why not challenge yourself a little bit while your in the sport and supposedd to be one of the best boxers in the world.?

Canelo isnt superior to Floyd, but Canelo maybe too good an opponent for Floyd to dare fight is a better way of putting it. Floyd underestimates himself and has little man syndrome, he feels inferior to everyone, no matter what Floyd says.
                    Thats why floyd says a lot of the stuff he says, cos of inferiority complex. Like he knows no one thinks hes the GOAT, so he has to self proclaim it, cos no one else is gonna do it for him.
                    Shane is naturally bigger though. He walks around the high 160s. Canelo walks around at least 175 lbs or higher. Floyd walks around 150, same for Pacquiao. That's why Pacquiao is quite reluctant to take on the bigger guys at 154. Because none of them are really 154. They come into the ring way above that. When opponents have a 20 lb weight advantage, it's not exactly fair anymore.

Comment

How do you know he can make 154? We're talking about a 37 yr old, post-knee surgery Martinez. You think he can go down to a weight he hasn't made in 3 years and still be healthy?

He said he can make it. he is a big boy and if he is grooming in unhealthy then so be it that's on him not Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X