Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Kell BROOK: Turning Down A Title Shot Is A B!tch Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's been turning down fights in the US for a while now. You don't even know what type of money he was being offered. Knowing Top Rank and Bradley's amazing drawing power, probably 150K.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
      He's been turning down fights in the US for a while now. You don't even know what type of money he was being offered. Knowing Top Rank and Bradley's amazing drawing power, probably 150K.

According to Big Dan, it was $500K.

"Also, Top Rank's offer of about $500,000 was nothing spectacular"

Comment

No. Talking mess about someone in one of the most dangerous sports from the safety of your keyboard is a ***** move. Lets look at, say, Junior Witter. He took a title shot against Zab Judah at a moments notice. That did wonders for him didn't It? His career took a long time to get any kind of credibility after. I don't have a clue what it takes to be a pro boxer, let alone navigate myself through the shark infested waters.

How is it a ***** move to have some self awareness and realise you're not where you thought you were? If Brook loses his next fight, then he'll deserve some stick. Roy Jones Jr knew what he was talking about when he said people are too quick to crush a guy. Commentators aren't the only ones in boxing that need to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Meh. I have nothing against him if he already knows mentally he's a beaten man, but he better start upping his competition fast over fighting Euro bums at home.
          I'd love to see some of these ' Euro bums ' in your gym, messing you around in sparring. You look at a European fighter and have no idea who is on their resume, you just rely on what HBO or Showtime tell you about a fighter, right?

Educate yourself.

@4C:

Brook isn't a name over here so putting Brook in with Bradley doesn't do much for either man. He'll attract a lot of attention and publicity once he becomes a world champion though and then a fight with Bradley should be arranged.

He's spent the past year preparing for this fight with Alexander after only recently stepping his competition up. You can't go from Matthew Hatton > Carson Jones > Tim Bradley.

Of course Brook is going to talk about big shots and knocking out Pacquiao, how else can he get attention? It's not like he's a world champion packing out stadiums. Look at Froch, the only articles I see of him are his opinions on other British fighters like Khan & Haye etc.

I recognised Brook's flaws before he fought Jones and warned everyone he's going to get ' exposed '. Boxing fans just seem to be so fickle.

Comment

I agree, this was Brooks time to take off dem training wheels. At least he's not running around masquerading as a champ though.

Comment

He's fighting Saldiva in Oct 20, so I can't blame him with the small amount of time in between. if it wasn't for that though, I'd be more critical.
              His response though was pretty dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                No. Talking mess about someone in one of the most dangerous sports from the safety of your keyboard is a ***** move. Lets look at, say, Junior Witter. He took a title shot against Zab Judah at a moments notice. That did wonders for him didn't It? His career took a long time to get any kind of credibility after. I don't have a clue what it takes to be a pro boxer, let alone navigate myself through the shark infested waters.

How is it a ***** move to have some self awareness and realise you're not where you thought you were? If Brook loses his next fight, then he'll deserve some stick. Roy Jones Jr knew what he was talking about when he said people are too quick to crush a guy. Commentators aren't the only ones in boxing that need to change.
                En serio, primo?

Here is Kell Brook saying that he is "ready for Mayweather" and that he "would not avoid any fighter".

I'm ready for Mayweather.

Well, how about Tim Bradley for $500K and a title?

No. Bring on Saldivia!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyabolic

According to Big Dan, it was $500K.

"Also, Top Rank's offer of about $500,000 was nothing spectacular"
                  Oh damn lol. Nvm... But that would only give him 2 months after Saldivia. I'm expecting a tough fight too. Would be funny if Brook got KOed. Then it would be him and Khan meeting at the crossroads.

Comment

That jones fight shattered his confidence. Bradley would have been on him for 12 rounds and embarrassed him. ***** move but he knew he had no chance at beating tim.

Comment

He didn't turn down a title shot, he turned down a title shot and a LOSS on his record. Bradley would have whooped him. He knows that, and his team know that.

Comment

Working...
                      X